What do you EDC with your HDS?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you have an HDS that you carry around and this means, you like nice things.
What other "tools" do you carry daily? Post some pictures and descriptions.

As for me, I don't leave the house much anymore, so I'm typically carrying pocket lint around in the bottom of my pockets. When I do leave the house... I'll get a photo later.

Please note: I'll use my superpowers and delete any post that starts down the path of "why do you carry a matter separator or portable hole puncher?" or any political discussion relating to those. Feel free though to post hole punchers and matter separators... just don't get into the politics and laws surrounding them. Yep. Been on here a long time.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
M6RxzVr.jpg

Spartan Blades Enyo, ZT 620 CF, Hitch + Timber pouch (w/ SS Embassy Pen, Spartan Blades Velos and Leatherman Micra), Surefire/Malkoff lego and HDS High Noon Rotary.
Sadly this is not everything. God forbid I fall into the water. I will sink faster than a boulder.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your Malkoff/SF Frankenstein is fantastic. I particularly like the O-ring for retention and the crenelated stainless steel bezel.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Thanks. It's a longer L1 body bored out to accept 2 x cr123 primaries with a Malkoff E2ST head. The best EDC flashlight for use with a firearm hands down in my opinion.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great thread idea! I do enjoy some nice pocket ART (aka big-boy toys) and tools and what I'm carrying will vary from day to day, but here's some of my favorite, and common, carry companions. Its also what I happen to have on me today:

kE5GjGN.jpg

From left to right:
  • Fellhoelter TiBolt pen, sine wave engraved pattern in "tuxedo" finish with flamed zirconium bolt, handle and cap.
  • Maybe my favorite HDS, definitely one of my most-used -- HCri200 Rotary, FDE cerakote, black TiAlN-coated bezel and clip
  • CRK Sebenza with Insingo blade, Wilson Combat "starburst" scales -- AKA the StarBenza.
  • Pose Blades TriCocoon hand spinner in stainless steel, with Master Forged Products 23mm superconductor grips
  • Custom TriCocoon leather slipcase made by ndbr leatherworks -- fully-lined Horween Dublin horsehide, saddle-stitched and waxed
  • Custom lanyard featuring a neat Bluetongue Damasteel bead made by Perry Lawson
  • Pocket Lore Nautical worry/challenge spinner-coin in brass, with leather slipcase

Not photo'ed are my wallet, keys and phone which are of course always with me too, but they're less interesting.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome pics guys, @mark.........................i just bet the wallets too fat to fit in the pic:poke:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. I'm leaving the house today so pocket dump... Don't judge me.

img-1672.jpg

The flask of rum is titanium in order to help cut down on weight. I've always preferred fixed blades over folders myself. Sure, they take up a bit more space but I find them more useful. HDS is High Noon Rotary. Depending on the temperature, I sometimes leave the helmet at home. Arizona doesn't have a helmet law.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
OK. I'm leaving the house today so pocket dump... Don't judge me.

img-1672.jpg

The flask of rum is titanium in order to help cut down on weight. I've always preferred fixed blades over folders myself. Sure, the take up a bit more space but I find them more useful. HDS is High Noon Rotary. Depending on the temperature, I sometimes leave the helmet at home. Arizona doesn't have a helmet law.

priceless picture! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ky1z7o1.jpg

High Noon in Thor's holster. Love the sewn loop. I have the F89HG and it's real nice, but the High Noon is a better EDC for me.

Key ring - OPMT, 2FA token. Normally has a couple keys on it.

Saddleback front pocket wallet. No matter how hard I try, I can't replace it. It's so thin... and I love how I can just tap the entire wallet on the turnstile when I'm getting on the metro (with other wallets I have to remove the card).

Parker jotter with special ink (can't remember the name but it writes sooo smooth).

And my iPhone.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
1.Flipside wallet

2.S&W 642 Airweight

3. Spyderco Para 3

4. Swiss Army knife

4. Bic mini

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
When you guys use the S***F*** F04-A diffuser on your HDS, do you need to use anything to make it fit securely? I notice it's designed for 1.125 inch lights...

I know this has been mentioned before, but for some reason I can't find it...

archimedes

Flashaholic
The old SureFire F04 fits better, as it is designed for 1" diameter bezel

Of course, I mostly just use a bottle cap instead (lol)

SleepyInTheSun

Newly Enlightened
"Stuff" in my pockets / on my person today:

1. HDS Rotary
2. Spyderco Dragonfly in Hitachi Steel Blue
3. Tissot solar watch
4. Saddleback wallet (seems to be popular around here...)
5. "keys" (including eBay sourced copper whistle, Boker tool, couple of naproxen, copper peak eiger)
6. Phone and car keys
7. Work ID
8. Yaesu vx-3r ham radio
9. What appears to be a to do list that has been through the laundry more than once

Picture to follow later, because while I may have started posting occasionally I still haven't mastered posting pictures from phone.