Incan challenge week 2018

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For folks who don't remember previous challenges by member Carrot, these are where you pick a platform and only use that setup for a whole week. :eek:

With the incan challenge you are not limited to one light. But you are required to only use ones with a light bulb.

Starting.... Labor Day weekend for me. You folks can choose your week, but remember only light bulb'd flashlights.

I've got some Maglites and SureFires dusted off waiting....
Have fun.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Wish I had a small incan anymore. I could pop an incan P60 in a G2L but that's pretty large for EDC. I should at least put Eneloops in my ROP and fire that up for some outdoors fun one of these nights. It's been ages since I played with that one. :)

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the old Carrot challenge posts and bykfixer is my brother from another mother so I'm in. I don't currently own an incan flashlight. Let me see how I can make this work.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm like gurdygurds. All of my lights are LED. I do have a G2 and a 6P, but they have LED drop ins. I do have the original P60s around someplace if I can find them. Haven't seen them since I moved last fall. And I don't use my lights enough to make it worth while. I guess I'll just live vicariously through others reports.

ven

Flashaholic
I am 100% up for it, i have a spare surefire incand bulb in work, have a few at home. Hardest part for me is which ones to use! as not limited to one. I am contemplating swapping the tripLED head with the E1e head , incand bulb so i have a decent tank in the 16650. Now the L4 is bored, i could use that body and have a 3500mah tank!

The z2 is one of my fav p60 hosts, so a bulb is going in that, my m2 i think will get the p61. I am possibly going to use a 3d mag as well, but that beam is awful, where as the surefires opposite and pretty amazing in quality. Forget that, 3d is out!

Glad its morning time, i would not have slept thinking about this last night:p

Will add a few pics later(other than work incand ones , as at home!) of the ones that are going to get some use................maybe even some beam pics tonight if i think on.

Cheers:cool:

ven

Flashaholic
Sweet! I'm on incans for 2 months! Are pictures mandatory as a proof?

I think all threads need pics, not as proof imho as i am sure if we say we are using incand, we are. No point in making it up, but would sure be:cool: to see the different set ups we are using. Heck, might even end up with some fresh ideas on incands to use.:twothumbs

ven

Flashaholic
Wish I had a small incan anymore. I could pop an incan P60 in a G2L but that's pretty large for EDC. I should at least put Eneloops in my ROP and fire that up for some outdoors fun one of these nights. It's been ages since I played with that one. :)

I just wear pants with deeper pockets:poke:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm ready:

IMG_20180826_072425.jpg

L to R:
- stock 6P
- stock G2R (with stock battery and R60)
- 1950's HIPCO with 2x 18500 LifePo4 and 4 cell Mag xenon for about 150 lumens
- "+" logo E1 with Lumens Factory bulb.
- 1970's Kel Lite 2C with 2x 18500 LifePo4 and 4 cell Mag bulb for a throwey 150-ish lumens.

Top:
- 1950's 7D Dog Supply House search and rescue light with Mag 7D krypton that throws about 100 lumens from a super shiney mirror like it was shot from a canon. Those lights had optional shoulder straps.

My mostest favoritest flashlight:
IMG_20180826_072323.jpg

A 1980's Bright Star clone made in Pennsilvania and gifted by none other than Scout24 himself. It's a great flashlight for general use purposes. I put a sweet beam'd Tung Sol turn signal bulb from the 1960's in it for a near LED quality beam with the genuine tint (not some imitation).

And lastly, a special little number I conceived after having some leftover aa sized lithiums from a monitor device I used for a month. The cells still had 75% life so I set them aside for use in a vintage pocket light to over drive a #224 focus tip E10 bulb. Puts out about 40 lumens versus stock 4-6 birthday candles.

IMG_20180826_081824.jpg

Pocket rocket from the stone age.

The original idea was to overdrive a nickel plated Tom Thumb from the 50's but the slightly oversized battery wouldn't fit in the barrel. Noting a rattle in the 1960's Rayovac Sportsman Jr, I thought "well why not try it in the pre-EO1 style relic?" Yup, the Sportsman line was a durable type of consumer light meant for hunters and fisherman. It was a popular police light until Kel-Lite came along and changed the game using multi-cell parts like from the 7D above and sprinkler pipe for a bomb proof cop light that could double as a crowd control device when those dope smoking hippies at Berkley needed taming.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The 3 i will use, E2e, m2 with p61 and z2 with p60
NwNAVzTl.jpg

B2qDx33l.jpg

m2
vNvk1Nfl.jpg

I know pictures are not a good judge, camera,screen variables, but the X has got them close to what the eye sees other than the spill. The E2e is noticeably warmer, the m2 noticeably larger in spot. All are under powered with 4.35v cells(not 6v).
E2e hot spot
yyV7iMcl.jpg

Z2 spot
evWLItkl.jpg

M2 spot
WWKBrckl.jpg

Triple beam E2e/Z2/M2
dSnbZ6hl.jpg

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...I've got a Maglite Solitaire and NexTorch GT6A-S with bulbs in them. And I could put P60 modules back into my 6P and G2 if I felt so inclined but they're not really better than the NexTorch so it's not worth the bother.

Anyways, challenge starts today. Shouldn't be too hard.

--flatline

ven

Flashaholic
@bykfixer: that's some classic beauties there #jealous!
@ven: your photos are proffesional, allways nice to see

Mr fixer has some amazing lights for sure, 100's of em!
thanks for kind words, just a phone really, i just press a button.

Not dark here for 4 or 5hrs, so i have to wait a bit. Raining to , last couple of nights i have been in the garden playing around with different lights. Hope i can incand style tonight(dont fancy getting wet though).

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try- big test for me (and I am sure a lot of you) not that I can't do it but it means not using my other lights... 🤓

I need to pick up a mizer for my E2e-running on a 16650 and a bulb for my 6p.

scout24

Flashaholic
In anticipation of this thread, I walked my pups with my M6 X-LOLA last night. Pioneered by, and advocated for by JS, an M6 with full battery carrier of primaries and an MN-15 bulb. Pocket duty will be an E1e, imr 16340, and a Lumensfactory HO-E1R bulb. I do have a bored C2, a pair of 18350's, and a P91. I'm not afraid to use them... :nana:

Thanks for resurrecting this challenge... :)

Last edited: