Streamlight Stinger and Strion- USB future dim?

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
Ive been a long time Streamlight fan and user since 1997. I currently use three Stingers and three Strions in various travel and personal bags and as a night stand and gun light. I do have a travel USB cradle for the Stinger, but what a pain to have in the car and I dont carry it in my bag. So fast forward now, I need USB charging for these older lights and my hope was the new USB charging batteries from Streamlgiht, but I am doubting they are ever coming out. Ive gone as far as to writing and emailing the company with no answer back.

Any new or hope, please let me know.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Streamlight, unfortunately is kind of abandoning the classics. Thanks to lumen wars from cheap lights they, like many other companies are in a war for a very small remaining profit margin.

The pie is being sliced into a thousand slices these days due to mega sized factories over seas who'll make lights for anybody with 20 grand to spend (not literally but you hopefully get my point). So they seem to be focusing on sales of newer stuff.

If you are talking about incan Stinger, Lumens Factory has an awesome LED drop in for those now. Strions too.

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
That was the bad news I was expecting, but thanks. I am hoping for a 2nd party to come out with the rechargeable USB batteries, but doubt thats gonna happen. Also thanks on the Lumens Factory tip. Over the last few years, I have upgraded the Streamlights with the TerraLux units and so far they have been ok.

I think now I will wait for the just right USB rechargeable lights (Mag or Pelican) to come out and upgrade my whole system. And then sell the Streamlights on ebay.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a possible solution but would like to have someone with an electrical background confirm it will work.

Olight makes a Universal Magnetic USB charger for Li-ion and NiMh batteries. On the surface, it appears that it would work with Streamlights 75375 Sub-C 3.6v NiMh rechargeable battery.

The streamlight battery has the rubber grommet on the positive end so something like a rare earth magnet may be need to raise the contact up for the magnetic charger to make contact.

Last edited:

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
What you wrote is pretty complicated, but I think I get it. Thanks

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight Switchblade raised my hopes that they will incorporate a USB port on the Stinger line and a 5200 mah LiIon battery. I realize this won't benefit your existing lights, but it will improve the performance capabilities of the Stinger line.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight's USB-charging 18650's have been out for a few months. AFAIK, there are no plans for an external-charging vua USB battery for the Strion or Stinger.