Questions from new owner of HF-R

dualsub

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks,
I'm the new owner of an HF-R. I guess i really wanted to know what it was like so I got one after learning about it on the everyday commentary blog.

Thanks to the candlepower community for help!

Questions for you guys.

1) I read the manual and I'm playing with my light. My light has 5 steps where the weakest step is low light and the 5th step is the cannon power mode. This is not how it's described in the manual. Can I assume this was someone's custom mod and maybe someone changed some resistors? Guy@MBI didn't custom configure these lights, right?

2) my package came with 2 MBI 10250 nukes. Where can I buy more now?

3) I searched online and found the only charger is from cottonpickers. How do I reach cottonpickers?
Or is there an alternative way to charge this now? I just wanted to ask from your experience instead of guessing and guessing wrong.

595036ac3f5246b360357d33026a87d6.jpg

Thank you!

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a classic!

Guy made 5 mode switches.

Hopefully someone here can help you charge your batteries. CottonPickers stopped selling the chargers quite a while back, from what I remember. Not sure for a current source for the 10250's, sorry about that.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 47s magnetic charger should work the same. Not sure if there's any left on darksucks.com

If not, I may have a spare cp charger...

dualsub

Newly Enlightened
The 47s magnetic charger should work the same. Not sure if there's any left on darksucks.com

If you have a spare CP charger I would really appreciate it!

dualsub

Newly Enlightened
What a classic!

Guy made 5 mode switches.

Hopefully someone here can help you charge your batteries. CottonPickers stopped selling the chargers quite a while back, from what I remember. Not sure for a current source for the 10250's, sorry about that.

Thanks for letting me know about the 5 mode switches!

I did find an ER10250 from China. Is that the same thing? Will those work?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
That charger is putting out 3/4 of an amp; way too much for the little guy. The Cottonpickers charger is/was 100mA. The charger Guy made is/was 85mA for the 10250 and 250mA for the 10440.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you're paying attention.

By the way Dualsubs, you need to check the maximum discharge current that your new cells can handle. The originals were rated at 0.8A regularly, with bursts of 2.4A (cribbed from a CPF review).
I don't think the ones you are looking at are anywhere near that.
P

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

Olight make the chargers...
https://olightworld.com/olight-uc-magnetic-usb-charger

I think it's what you want.
P
The MBI Nuke cell is an 80 mAh 10250 HD cell, Like Peter said, it is rated at 10C

Charging the MBI Nuke above >100 Mah rate will progress premature cell failure.

That charger is putting out 3/4 of an amp; way too much for the little guy. The Cottonpickers charger is/was 100mA. The charger Guy made is/was 85mA for the 10250 and 250mA for the 10440.
+1 ;).

dualsub

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone. Really appreciate all of your info and help.

The info here is invaluable and I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone. Really appreciate all of your info and help.

The info here is invaluable and I appreciate it!
I just bought a Badge and Pm'd You.

You can try and post in the WTB sub-forum in the future. It's the forums area for member sales :).

Last edited:

dualsub

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Badge and Pm'd You.

Just so You know, a Mod might stop by and tell Us both that all sales belong in the MarketPlace.

You can try and post in the WTB sub-forum in the future. It's the forums area for member sales :).

Hi! Thanks for pointing that out. I was in the wrong because of my enthusiasm and I modded my post.

Grateful to everyone and thanks for sharing the right way to go about this!