Surefire tape switch on an Elzetta body?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it work?

I currently have an Elzetta Bravo mounted on my AR with an Arson Machine mount. It's got the usual Elzetta Lo/High tailcap on it. I'd like to move to a tape switch, but I want to use a Magpul tapeswitch mount.

https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-tape-switch-mounting-plate-surefire-st

Will a Surefire tape switch tailcap work on an Elzetta body? A Z41 threads on so I'm assuming the threads are the same.

Thanks.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
The thread pitch is the same but the thread length is different. The elzetta tailcap is not really long enough to get proper o-ring engagement on a 6P and they effectively make the interior dimension on the battery compartment longer. I imagine the opposite would be true if putting the 6P tailcap on elzetta.
why not just get an elzetta tapeswitch? They have 5" and 12" according to their website. And the description reads....

[FONT=&quot]An built-in zip-tie slot allows for simple installation (slot may be clipped off for use in commercially available holders such as those manufactured by Magpul, Tango Down, Ergo, and others). [/FONT]

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mikeg23,

Thanks for the info. I never noticed that about fitting in a Surefire holder. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I have no first hand experience with the elzetta tape switch. I didn't know if maybe you had a good reason to not consider it.