• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Labor Day Promotion ;-)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, if it's true that you'll have to glue the bezel shut on the ROT66 to prevent any LEDs being crushed, would it be okay if I fronted you the money to install a Lee filter in between the glass and optics?

I am very interested in the LH351D version, but only if it has that minus green filter.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, if it's true that you'll have to glue the bezel shut on the ROT66 to prevent any LEDs being crushed, would it be okay if I fronted you the money to install a Lee filter in between the glass and optics?

I am very interested in the LH351D version, but only if it has that minus green filter.

Emailed Vinh.. no green tint on 4000k or 5000k. I am getting a 5000k Samsung..

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm just going off of Maukka's charts, here are the numbers with the minus 1/4th green filter applied:

qo_TTG5_I.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I have only built a couple but as I see it if everything is seated right and you tighten down the bezel correctly there shouldn't be any issues. Glue is just to keep from tampering and wrong re-installation. No idea what a Lee filter is but yeh I can install whatever you want.

This light

SKV89

Enlightened

Whether it appears green is subjective to the observer. However all LH351D have been tested to be a good amount over the BBL by Maukka and others, which means it is on the green side. The green or yellow on the LH351D will be apparent if you compare it with a perfect tinted flashlight. The LH351D 4000k was way too yellow for me when I compared it with the 4000k 5D tint on my Emisars that looked neutral white.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whether it appears green is subjective to the observer. However all LH351D have been tested to be a good amount over the BBL by Maukka and others, which means it is on the green side. The green or yellow on the LH351D will be apparent if you compare it with a perfect tinted flashlight. The LH351D 4000k was way too yellow for me when I compared it with the 4000k 5D tint on my Emisars that looked neutral white.

He mentioned he sit the led on the optic just about right.. i am not a modder so i dont know.. will find out in couple weeks.

SKV89

Enlightened
He mentioned he sit the led on the optic just about right.. i am not a modder so i dont know.. will find out in couple weeks.

You should compare it with 3A or 3D tint flashlights like on the Emisars. Those should be very close to the BBL at high output levels.