• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sapphire vs photon micro light output question

greg c

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone who had both if these compare the light output?

I'm thinking about getting one of the high CRI ones and am tired of my photons not turning off once wet.

Thanks.

greg c

Newly Enlightened
When it gets submerged water gets inside and creates the conduction path that usually requires a press of the switch. If i take it apart and dry it off is fine but that's not easy to do when I'm out and about.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi greg c,
If you don't get any answer here, I will be happy to send you one of my Sapphire's to test out if you are willing to pick up the to and return postage if it is not acceptable. If you return it, I will just keep it as a spare.

greg c

Newly Enlightened
Hi greg c,
If you don't get any answer here, I will be happy to send you one of my Sapphire's to test out if you are willing to pick up the to and return postage if it is not acceptable. If you return it, I will just keep it as a spare.

Thanks for the kind offer Don.

Can I clarify that you have high CRI with reflector in stock- thesame as the 036 + reflector here? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?229986-The-Titanium-Sapphire-AAA-with-Hi-CRI-LED

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks for the kind offer Don.

Can I clarify that you have high CRI with reflector in stock- thesame as the 036 + reflector here? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?229986-The-Titanium-Sapphire-AAA-with-Hi-CRI-LED

That reflector experiment was 9 years ago and I never did follow through with it. The high CRI I offer now is a Yuji 5 mm LED and the beam is a very even, artifact free, flood beam with no hot spot. If you are looking for a collimated beam in a AAA I have nothing to offer you. Candidly I had to follow your link and I don't even remember making that prototype.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Really, both are good lights, however one is luxury, the McGiz, and comes with a better beam, the other is budget, yet still a decent reliable little light.

All McGizmo owners should have a Sapphire in their stock, as it is a really wonderful AAA light.

While both are navigation - find your lock, or something under the dinner table light, they are miles apart in design.

That is my take on them. I really love my Sapphire, what a great light, just add an eneloop, and roll.

Best wishes,

RL

greg c

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help and kind words, I've decided to pack my photon with dielectric grease and see how that fares. It surely will not be close to the experience of owning a Sapphire but weight on my keychain is at a premium.