Holy crap vape mods

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This thing is getting crazy.

Tubes with battery extensions, 6 pack sub ohm atomizers, 8ml fish bowl tanks..... touch screens, bluetooth....

IMG_20180902_102048.jpg

I saw this 4x beast while looking for toodle puffer tips last night.

At a shop a fellow showed me some pix from a vape show he had attended recently and one pic was a pre-order prototype made of solid brass that weighs 8 pounds!!!
He said he was going to build 50 of them. Apparently over 100 people plunked down their down payment.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Its crazy, really is...................Can see 2 cells as i use them and many advantages(certainly obvious ones for vapers who want to use over 70w or even 40w who want vape time past 30 mins). 3 cell mods, kind of getting weighty/bulky and towards a little awkward/uncomfortable in hand. Quad mods just getting too much, god help the news headlines if one of these grenades goes off due to some dude with limited knowledge. Part of the problem is just that, go in vape shop, buy a couple of high amp cells, cheap ish charger, make some iffy coils or use a crazy sub oh set up..................then :poof:

Knowledge is power! Something with vape can not be taught in a quick shop visit , sometimes by inexperienced shop owners(been there).

Does not look too hand friendly being square, could be wrong though never holding one....................

scout24

Flashaholic
Not being a vaper but being an ex-smoker, I have to ask what the end goal is there? Cubic feet of smoke? "runtime"? I used to smoke a pack, pack and a half a day depending on the day. Maybe it's like lights? More cells for more lumens, higher amp draws??? Pardon my curiosity, not trying to knock on anyone just understand...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Perfect questions and I'm a vaper. I don't get it either, but then again I never got the hand held flashlight that can do 24,000 lumens either. Or 12,000 watt stereo in a VW Beetle....

I suppose it's a Mt Everest thing Scout.... because they can. lol

And apparently there are cloud competitions these days.

ven

Flashaholic
Actual cloud competitions are a big thing Greg, it's crazy.....just check on YouTube for tricks and comps.

Its huge clouds, so low ohm coils as possible, crazy coil design and builds(bare in mind no nicotine here as too much for this type of vape). The hit would be too much! But no doubt some do.....

I think part is also human nature, always wanting to get more out of something, be it BHP, MPH, lumens or clouds etc etc.

For me it's a replacement , so a thing to do kind of thing, I also enjoy a vape(nothing crazy for me though).

Basically the coils , lower the ohms, more amps are needed. So as a rough example, single coil of 0.5ohm, at 20w might ask 7 amps, 2 or a dual coil 2x0.5= 0.25ohm would might need 40w to fire and around 12 amps for a nice vape.

Thats basic of course, you then have various mixes of fluid, PG and VG. VG for clouds and smooth, PG for flavour and throat hit. So can be tweaked to suit the Vaper. I like around 70/75% VG for a smoother vape. Cloud comps tend to be 80-100% VG (usually the latter) for max cloud. Triple, quad Oct coils.......you name it, it's probably been done. Different coil materials, nickel, titanium , stainless etc etc, then different gauge of said.....endless options almost.

Good old ohms law stuff.

Some pretty cool tricks as well, tornado stuff(mr fixer will be practicing some I bet for a work trick on his truck dash) :poke:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Been there, done that sorta stuff when smoking from a water pipe years ago. Heart rings, staller rings hanging around while you puffed others through it, stuff like that.

I ended up with TMJ from it as a teen.

Now it's a hobby to occupy my brain while I ween off cigarettes. I hung up my competitive nature when I hung up the 20" bmx stunt bikes in the rafters of the garage a decade ago.
But the times I stopped cold turkey I did not like what I became. I'm wiser now and know that much of the anger back then was foolish pride, but still prefer to try to stop a little at a time. I want to become a non-smoker just like the day I got sober.... it was a process that became permanent at some point. I have no idea the day, the month or the year, but do think it was during my 40th year on earth.

And those crazy clouders are making it so that battery tech gets pushed a little more.
I cannot imagine what a guad 26650 capable device can lead to flashlight wise. Bring it on.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the explainations, gents! Mr.Fixer- A worthy goal, and knowing yourself well enough to know how to go about it is admirable...

ven

Flashaholic
Sweeeeeeeet baby Jesus! That thing is just ridiculous, who in their right mind would..........................brb lol

Harol

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for good vaping gadgets, can recommend you a good site. In one thread on this forum, I saw the image of a man, whose legs are damaged because of vape explosion. I was shocked:drool:
This site is a good one and does not sell dangerous products. My sister bought her e-cig here and we bought one for our friend on his B-day.
Here's it migvapor

Last edited by a moderator: