2 AA Minimag Vs 2 AAA Minimag (Penlight) Incans

sharpnails

Newly Enlightened
What is the difference in size and lumen between the 2 AA minimag and 2 AAA minimag penlight?

Last edited:

konifans

Enlightened
They are now using the same Xenon bulb so brightness is just the same except the battery and size...

product_bulbcard_mm_incan_2c_aa_aaa_1_2.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The triple a one is an LED version so figure 1/4 less in length for the shorter head of an incan version.

IMG_20180903_174009.jpg

The triple a is more of a pocket pen light. The double a is more of a holster carry light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The 2aa in the photo was purchased in oh, about 1999/2000 and that is the original bulb iirc. Probably over 200 hours Bill.

I saw the thread NH, but was trying to figure out a formula for an excel spread shhet at my work where cell H was an unknown variable.
I got H1 to work, but H2 on down just didn't give me the answer I wanted.

It was a new proprietary company thing I do monthly that they don't want altered. I just created my own version and copy/paste the numbers from that one to theirs.

Anyway, btt: I really like the aaa minimag. All of my incan versions are collectors pieces so they are shelf queens.

Last edited:

sharpnails

Newly Enlightened
ok konifans answered it. I was talking about the non LED AAA version.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The non LED version uses the same bulb and same volts as the double a version. The larger reflector of the double a may cast light better, but for all intents and purposes they put out the same light from the bulb.

sharpnails

Newly Enlightened
wow just noticed there is really that much size difference ? Do you have a pic of an aaa incan compared ot an aa incan minimag? Oris the LED AAA the same size as the incan AAA?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always liked the AAA Mini because you could unscrew the head totally and use it as a base for the light. When you did that you would have a very nice electric candle. I used for candlelight services so the kids could have their own candle without any risk of burns or hot wax.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow just noticed there is really that much size difference ? Do you have a pic of an aaa incan compared ot an aa incan minimag? Oris the LED AAA the same size as the incan AAA?

The AAA incan and LED Mini Mags are the exact same size, only the AA Mini Mags are different.

sharpnails

Newly Enlightened
Just found the info and compared to specs, although I think those specs were using a krypton in the aaa. Like a previous poster mentioned the xenon would make the lumens, beam distance, candela and run time increase.

minimag.png

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 9 lumens is for the krypton bulb. A xenon bulb should be a bit whiter and brighter but not a huge difference in other respects, cd/beam distance should increase slightly and in this case I would expect runtime to go down because the xenon will be drawing more current.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180909_103101.jpg

Left is the LED. Right is the incan.
Slight difference overall. Incan being a bit shorter body and slightly different shaped head.

LED heads were changed slightly to incorparate a different shaped reflector than the incan.

Last edited:

tokaji

Newly Enlightened
The difference is that you can carry the AAA in your shirt pocket comfortably, even forget it there, but the AA is a little bit heavy for carry it in your pants pocket.