• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

i3T EOS bites the dust

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
I purchased three i3T EOS's when they came out. I like the lights but hate that Olight supplied the lights with an alkaline AAA cell. Other Olight lights I have that run primary cells shipped with lithium cells. Dumb me thought the i3T's did also. I guess I never looked just removed the yellow tab and went about my business. I went to use one of my i3T's yesterday and nothing. Battery was fused in the light. I got it out and cleaned up the damage and the light works. Looks like hell and it may fail tomorrow but what do you do. Olight please stop shipping lights with alkaline cells. Charge 50 cents more if need be. End of rant

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
yes i dont like them either, i always take them out and never use them. wouldnt hurt if they supplied a 10440 cell instead but i dont think its support that.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wonder,
Olightworld please correct me if I am wrong. Wonder, if your Olight fails outside the warranty period or fails due to negligence on your part, the "lifetime" warranty applies but works like this: they fix the light, no charge for labor but you pay for parts. It has been so long since one of mine failed but I think that is how it works. Even if it was your fault, they want to make sure you know that if one of their lights fails for any reason they want you to feel confident they care about you and want you to keep coming back for their next great light. I actually went through the trouble of tracking down some of their older lights to add to my collection. It is wonderful that we can squeeze out thousands of Lumens from a single 18650, but the reality is that for my day to day needs 10 to 130 Lumens meets 90% of my needs. Thanks for sharing your story to help others (including me) from making the same mistake...

Olightworld

Enlightened
That's right. We've got 5 year warranties on most of our lights. Weapon lights and headlamps get 2 years I believe. But I don't believe I can recall someone that has been turned down from us in regards to trying to repair a light. We will absolutely do what we can to keep ALL of your Olights working!