Best 9012/9011 bulbs and where to buy them

747LeftSeat

Newly Enlightened
So I just replaced the headlight units in my 2008 Accord sedan with OEM units and I'm looking for the best (and non-counterfeit) 9012 and 9011 bulbs for installing in the new headlamp assemblies. What are the best available these days? Are the bulbs on the Candlepower website any good?

Please note that I am in Canada and the Vosla +30 9012 on amazon.com do not ship to Canada.

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please note that I am in Canada and the Vosla +30 9012 on amazon.com do not ship to Canada.
That doesn't downgrade the Vosla's status.

Part #23342527 at GMPartsDirect.com gets you the Vosla+30-- however, they show $30.87 for shipping to South Detroit, I mean, Windsor, ONT, CA.

Last edited:

747LeftSeat

Newly Enlightened
Actually candlepower inc seems to carry the Vosla 9012 +30 now. Assuming these are legit I will order from there (they do ship to Canada). $20 a piece if 2 are purchased. Plus shipping of course

Ls400

Enlightened
I don't know if my analysis is worth a damn but I figured it might be worth posting since there was an earlier thread on this board discussing filament placement and how Wagner bulbs--aka Philips' factory seconds--had sloppy filament placement, and it was clearly evident even in Wagner's marketing pictures.

Philips 9011:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31tU8t0RpuL.jpg

"Toyota" 9011:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/818B+I86nRL._SL1500_.jpg

Is it just me, but the filament in the Toyota 9011 looks to be a little crooked and possibly even slightly curved, while the Philips one appears to be perfectly vertical? Granted, the capsules are different shapes and one tries to reflect IR to the filament. Is my analysis worth anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
That's less of an analysis and more of an observation. The difference between the Wagner case and the Toyota case is that the Wagner bulbs have been examined in person and the cockeyed filaments have been observed frequently enough to lead to the reasonable conclusion that the Wagner bulbs are worth avoiding. I haven't examined enough of the recent-production Toyota bulbs to state anything categorically, but the ones I've seen have had well-placed filaments.

That is: a pic of a single bulb may not be accurately representative in this respect. The Wagner pic is. The Philips pic is. The Toyota bulb pic...? We'll have to wait and see!

Last edited:

Ls400

Enlightened
That is: a pic of a single bulb may not be accurately representative in this respect. The Wagner pic is. The Philips pic is. The Toyota bulb pic...? We'll have to wait and see!

Keeping in mind that it would be unsound to generalize with one picture, I'm still curious: does the Toyota bulb appear abnormal in any aspect? The thread about the Wagner bulbs doesn't have any pictures--all the links are dead. So I'm still unclear on what exactly a misaligned/sloppy filament looks like. So can you help me classify the one picture of the Toyota bulb as good or bad?

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The filament in the bulb in that pic does look slightly angled relative to the axis of the bulb. Whether it violates the filament positional spec is another question.

Last edited:

ruffenach

Newly Enlightened
Hello. This is my first post to your forum after many years of reading some very insightful information. I too use the 9012/9011 setup for my 2004 GMC Sierra with a pair of replaced OE Denali lamps for those years and my 2016 Dodge Journey SXT. I have never seen that Toyota bulb that has the "bubble" on the end. Could somebody please tell me what it is and what the specs are on it? Thank you.