iPhone screen not dark enough for you?

markr6

Flashaholic
This is great!! We obviously know the benefits of having sub-lumen flashlights for nighttime use. But what about your phone? Whenever I check it in the middle of the night, even the lowest setting on my iPhone is a bit bright, even with night shift enabled. So here's a way to knock it down even further.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I've been using this feature for a few years. It's really helpful. But it doesn't dim the LED themselves, it applies a grey color to the screen, like a filter. It works, though.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use the Kindle App, select black background with gray lettering, you can get a sub 1 Lumen output. The only catch is being able to hit the home button with the app already open...

markr6

Flashaholic
Wow. Thanks for this! Been an iOS user for years and never heard about this hack.

Yeah, I never would have figured this out by myself! I finally googled "iphone screen too bright" after too many middle-of-the-night phone checks and getting blinded. Even on the lowest setting.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Maybe it does, but with a different shortcut? This is an accessibility feature and is included on all iOS.