Woman mistakes Dynamite for candle during power outage.

labrat

Enlightened
Storing dynamite with already installed igniter!
That is negligence!
Dynamite in itself does not blow up. only burn very hot.
As a young boy, doing very stupid things with some friends, we lighted dynamite and burned it, inside the boathouse.
Left from the grandfather of one friend, who had been a miner.
Maybe we were lucky, but we all grew up to be adults !

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Her problem is that she is only 30 years old, so never got to watch Saturday morning cartoons showing dynamite getting lit and blowing up the Coyote or Yosemeti Sam. Well, it could have been worse: she might have mistaken a cannon for a candle, or a rocket, etc.

POCKET DEBRIS

Newly Enlightened
"She attempted to light one of what she thought was the candle and turned out to be a quarter stick of dynamite," police said. possibly M80?:candle:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Her problem is that she is only 30 years old, so never got to watch Saturday morning cartoons showing dynamite getting lit and blowing up the Coyote or Yosemeti Sam. Well, it could have been worse: she might have mistaken a cannon for a candle, or a rocket, etc.

Particularly this one:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yxsew

If she would have seen this one, the differnce would have been clear.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Holy crap, the previous residents will do time. Hope they can save her fingers.:(

Likely going to lose some unfortunately. Even the best neurosurgeons will have their work cut out for them. :shakehead

Any questions? :ohgeez:

~ Chance
TWTMwd0.jpg

w3w58bT.jpg

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most candles come with a big fat green wick.

Nope, but it is not so obvious in a dark, if it is green or white. thou it is pretty clear once you light them up.

now that i read the article, i think it was firework, not dynamite, no one cuts dynamite sticks, article said quarter of a stick, that seem more likely to be a firework in a shape of a stick, but much shorter than real dynamite stick, another thing she was taken to a hospital with "extreme injuries" to her hands, and she might lose fingers, if it was real dynamite she'd loose not just her fingers, she'd be all over room in pieces. so i do not believe it was a dynamite, an m80 fireworks a lot more likely

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Nope, but it is not so obvious in a dark, if it is green or white. thou it is pretty clear once you light them up.

Well, it's obviously not dark if you're lighting this with a match or lighter. Maybe she used one of those arc lighters, but I doubt it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, it's obviously not dark if you're lighting this with a match or lighter. Maybe she used one of those arc lighters, but I doubt it.

You're in the dark. You grab what you think is a candle, and then automatically light a match and apply it to the candle. You're not going to stop and consciously examine what's in your hand. Your mind has already determined you're holding a candle. No one in such a scenario is going to stop and examine what they're holding with that lit match.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel very sorry for this woman and hope that she recovers completely. Perhaps we've witness the creation of a new flashlight enthusiast?