• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

HaikeLite HT35vn - 2*26650 Long Runtime Zoomie R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Surprising build quality
  • Great beam throughout entire zoom range
  • Plenty of connection points for landyard/slings
  • Tailstand but easy switch access
  • High quality AR coated aspheric glass
  • Cant beat for the $$$$
  • 3 Mode High-Medium-Low (Always starts on High)
  • 2*6000mAh 26650 will give LONG runtime
  • 1lb 10oz with cells heft great for heat handling
  • XHP35 HI 6500K: Lumen 1300, 200Kcd Intensity, 894m Throw

You pick XHP35 HI 6500K/5000K/4000K/3000K

Does anything have more Kcd intensity (like 250-400kcd) with more lumens, about 2000-2500? Can this light use a brighter LED? Like an SST20/40 or XHP50/70.2?

I am interested in purchasing 2 of these lights for parking lot security patrols, but I only need them in 5-10 minute increments. 1300 lumens with all this great heatsinking is quite underpowered. The light will be used 90% of the time at 70-95% focused beam to avoid disturbing surrounding neighbors with unnecessary spill. There are already bright parking lot lights, so the wide spill is useless and unnoticeable. This is mainly to see the perimeter of the wooded areas and behind bushes, and as a minor deterrence for any ill-intending intruders.

Im looking for a more powerful version of the same thing, at the same price. I don't need 30+ minutes on high, just 5 minutes before too hot to hold. I'd like to maximize time needed to power ratio for efficiency in my use. 2k lumens would be great. I only need single mode high/turbo.

Thanks

Edit: Also, is this on your website sold as stock? The Haikelite website and all other sales pages show 1000m throw and 2000-2300 lumens.

Was your 1300lm a typo or did they overstate the output by FAR?

I am confused because this light retails at $45-55 and you have it up for $75, so I'm trying to figure out what you modded but I can't figure it out lol. I see that you'll change tint, but I'm interested in the 6500 or 5000 typical retail tints so...

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
Does anything have more Kcd intensity (like 250-400kcd) with more lumens, about 2000-2500? Can this light use a brighter LED? Like an SST20/40 or XHP50/70.2?

I am interested in purchasing 2 of these lights for parking lot security patrols, but I only need them in 5-10 minute increments. 1300 lumens with all this great heatsinking is quite underpowered. The light will be used 90% of the time at 70-95% focused beam to avoid disturbing surrounding neighbors with unnecessary spill. There are already bright parking lot lights, so the wide spill is useless and unnoticeable. This is mainly to see the perimeter of the wooded areas and behind bushes, and as a minor deterrence for any ill-intending intruders.

Im looking for a more powerful version of the same thing, at the same price. I don't need 30+ minutes on high, just 5 minutes before too hot to hold. I'd like to maximize time needed to power ratio for efficiency in my use. 2k lumens would be great. I only need single mode high/turbo.

Thanks

Edit: Also, is this on your website sold as stock? The Haikelite website and all other sales pages show 1000m throw and 2000-2300 lumens.

Was your 1300lm a typo or did they overstate the output by FAR?

I am confused because this light retails at $45-55 and you have it up for $75, so I'm trying to figure out what you modded but I can't figure it out lol. I see that you'll change tint, but I'm interested in the 6500 or 5000 typical retail tints so...

Note that most zoomies have their max output in flood mode. In throw it's often a quarter of that.

Note that most zoomies have their max output in flood mode. In throw it's often a quarter of that.

This is one of my many concerns... and doesn't it still drain just as much battery power in focused throw mode? It just loses the lumens right? Inefficient? Would suck to use a 2x26650 light with massive heatsink pumping out 300-400 lumens... sigh, why are there no good answers :(

Im thinking of buying a Thrunite Catapult V6 and a metal washer to literally COVER the outer rim of the actual lens like a donut, instead of putting a cyclinder sleeve over the end to remove the spill. Are there any issues with this? It means pure throw, but am I losing even more lumens this way, than focusing a zoomie? Cause I'm definitely draining full battery simply covering it up...

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
In general - light that doesn't hit the lens hits the inside of the head and is lost. There is some of it in flood mode, but usually little. In throw - that's most of the output. There are designs that reduce the loss in some way, but not mainstream.
Covering outside of the lens won't work. Either you'll have nearly all lens covered or the spill will be wider than the main beam.
Solutions?
There are quite a few but I wouldn't recommend most of them because they get very expensive.
What I suggest is that you just bear with the losses. You said the original light was already not bad. IDK, maybe Vinh can just offer you some variant of HT35vn that will work better for you? Or maybe a different zoomie?

In general - light that doesn't hit the lens hits the inside of the head and is lost. There is some of it in flood mode, but usually little. In throw - that's most of the output. There are designs that reduce the loss in some way, but not mainstream.
Covering outside of the lens won't work. Either you'll have nearly all lens covered or the spill will be wider than the main beam.
Solutions?
There are quite a few but I wouldn't recommend most of them because they get very expensive.
What I suggest is that you just bear with the losses. You said the original light was already not bad. IDK, maybe Vinh can just offer you some variant of HT35vn that will work better for you? Or maybe a different zoomie?

I've asked him and he said this light is maxed out, so no better variants apparently...

Covering the lens does work on a typical reflector / non-aspheric light, I just don't know how much I'm losing or if it's safe/hazardous to put metal over the lens or some cover, compared to a zoomie of the same overalls lumens at the same level of focus/hotspot size.

I'll probably buy 2 of these HT35s, the only thing is that I am still confused if this light is being sold as stock by Vinh, or if it has been modified for minor improvements like ring removal?

Confused because the specs are different, and I don't know if it's just his 1.3k lumens / 893m throw measurements VS Haikelite website / Banggood / Gearbest showing 2-2.3k lumens / 1k+ meter throw, and Vinh's is $75 while the other sites are selling at $50?

Anyone own one one of these to share any differences from stock?

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
I own two stock HT35s, and the difference in lumen and lux ratings is that Vinh is being honest and Haikelite is not. The stock driver produces about 1300 lumens as Vinh specifies. Haikelite always overrates their lights. If you buy from Vinh, I think you're paying a little extra for a better warranty (light will work perfectly out of the box - not always true when buying from a China-based web store) and your choice of emitter. If you don't need the zoom, you could also try the XSvn. I purchased that from Vinh and it has exceptional throw, about 675 kcd. But a lot more money too, $155.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, have one of these on the way now. Needed a long runtime light and had never even seen this until I saw it on Vinh's email sell. Should be fun to test out. : D

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got this light in today. The beam is fantastic throughout which is surprising since the reflector looks like aluminum foil. Two hand zoom operation which may bother some but I don't mind. Very happy with it, it's a beast!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Got this light in today. The beam is fantastic throughout which is surprising since the reflector looks like aluminum foil. Its not a reflector. Just a LED cover. Doesnt do anything really. It's all in the Aspheric. :p

Two hand zoom operation which may bother some but I don't mind. Very happy with it, it's a beast! I especially enjoy the run time and flood on this one.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply Vinh! I was wondering what that stuff was. The beam is the best I've seen on a zoomie throughout the whole range and I've owned several. I'll enjoy this one!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Vinh! I was wondering what that stuff was. The beam is the best I've seen on a zoomie throughout the whole range and I've owned several. I'll enjoy this one!

Is yours 5000K or 4000K? I remember 4000K was very nice if you dont mind the output loss.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 5000k is about perfect in my mind for a zoomie type light. I prefer a cooler/neutral tint for throw and warmer for flood. With the 5000k it kind of splits the difference and makes a nice tint throughout. Very nice light I'll be keeping this one