464 Naval Brass HDS Pre-Sale

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naval Brass flashlights - pre-order
Friday, September 14th, 2018 at noon MST (GMT-0700)
We are producing a LIMITED run of Naval brass flashlights. There will only be 42 produced. These will be rotary control models so you have your choice of the EDC Rotary and EDC Tactical interfaces. They will be made from C464 Naval brass - a strong, durable and corrosion resistant brass. You may place your pre-order starting on Friday, September 14th, 2018 at noon MST (GMT-0700) on the Custom page.We have made a major improvement to the Custom page. You can now completely configure the light prior to the start of the event. The configuration will show as out of stock until the start of the event. In other words, you can have the custom page all set up prior to the event and just use your browser update button to keep track of the time to start and once the event starts, the button will change from Out of Stock to Add to Cart.Deliveries are expected in February 2019 - 6 months from now - so you will have to be patient.Our order system is not inventory based and we will wait for 42 orders to show up in the order system before we turn off ordering. As a result, the system will allow orders that were started but have not been completed to be completed after order taking has been turned off. This can result in more total orders than we have lights. If that should happen, the sequence recorded by the order system will prevail and any orders past 42 will be refunded. Our confirmation system is manual so it may take a few hours to learn the status of your order. Please be patient.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 464 Navel Brass HDS Pre-Sale

No. Just making it easier for people to choose their options before the official start.
You can go to the page, configure you light, but you still can't place the order until the official start.
click on the custom page link and you will see.

tyu

Newly Enlightened

No. Just making it easier for people to choose their options before the official start.
You can go to the page, configure you light, but you still can't place the order until the official start.
click on the custom page link and you will see.

I gave this a try. When I change my emitter selection and then refresh the page, it is reverting to the old/default selection.

If I change my emitter, then click on the "Link: Unique configuration link" at the bottom of the page, then refresh, it keeps my selection.

Is that how it is supposed to work, or will the "Out of Stock" button change automatically at go-time without hitting refresh?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

After you configure it to how you want it, you must hit this button: Unique Configuration Link
screen-shot-2018-09-10-at-11-08-48.png

After you hit this link, then when you refresh, your unique configuration will be saved.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I already purchased the Thors Custom Leather lined holster (top). Now, all I need is the Brass and maybe a few more lined holsters currently in his web store...

Horizontal carry is the ticket. You do not even know you are carrying the light. In my opinion it is even superior to the canted holster design (unless you need the belt real estate for other things).

lined-hds-holster.jpg

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are going to carry a copper based light, you definitely want the holster lined. Vegetable tanned leather greatly speeds up the growth of verdigris (if you ever left brass cartridges in a cartridge belt for any length of time, you know exactly what I mean). The lining I use is chromium tanned leather, which does not have the same effect as tannic acid is not used in the tanning process.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, I can't wait until Friday:)

Actually I will be much happier when this month is over...we should be able to relax for the rest of the year...right?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, I can't wait until Friday:)

Actually I will be much happier when this month is over...we should be able to relax for the rest of the year...right?

Not if I can help it! LOL!

Oh, and don't eat too many of these little white pills... I got hooked in Japan. You won't be able to relax when popping these caffeinated goodies! The gum is even better... and the hard candies.... OOOOoooooo oishii!

img-1801.jpg

Last edited:

calypso699

Newly Enlightened

Well, I already purchased the Thors Custom Leather lined holster (top). Now, all I need is the Brass and maybe a few more lined holsters currently in his web store...

Horizontal carry is the ticket. You do not even know you are carrying the light. In my opinion it is even superior to the canted holster design (unless you need the belt real estate for other things).

lined-hds-holster.jpg

Are you you able to share more photos of the bottom holster. With the snaps open and maybe the back? Is the bottom one lined?Thanks!

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you you able to share more photos of the bottom holster. With the snaps open and maybe the back? Is the bottom one lined?Thanks!

In post #184 on the holsters thread there are more pictures of the bottom holster.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?449018-HDS-Systems-EDC-Holsters-1/page7

It is my most recent Thors Custom Leather acquisition and it is not lined. The holster does have a belt clip that was custom made to be as short as possible. I have seven custom leather holsters each very different from the others. The one you pointed out is highly recommended. The holster in the upper right hand corner in the photo below is lined. The others are not lined.

p1110537.jpg

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wanted to post this in the holster thread but it pertains to a couple posts from here
once you get a lined holster, you won't want them any other way...at least that is how I feel, love the linings.

I am also thinking RCS is onto something with the horizontal holsters. I'm feeling that I should have went this route. While I like the standard vertical holsters, they tend to let me know they are there by poking my side or what not.
I would say horizontal or in pocket might be my preferred choice but I also haven't experienced anything else.

calypso699

Newly Enlightened

In post #184 on the holsters thread there are more pictures of the bottom holster.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?449018-HDS-Systems-EDC-Holsters-1/page7

It is my most recent Thors Custom Leather acquisition and it is not lined. The holster does have a belt clip that was custom made to be as short as possible. I have seven custom leather holsters each very different from the others. The one you pointed out is highly recommended. The holster in the upper right hand corner in the photo below is lined. The others are not lined.

p1110537.jpg

Thank you! I'll go take a look there. I really like the design. It looks very well thought out!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only problem I have with horizontal, is that I already have so much crap on my left side. Belt wallet, mag pouches, light, and Leatherman. I need to eat more in order to make more room. Right side is reserved for Scumaway Predator Repellant.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only problem I have with horizontal, is that I already have so much crap on my left side. Belt wallet, mag pouches, light, and Leatherman. I need to eat more in order to make more room. Right side is reserved for Scumaway Predator Repellant.
Leather man and wallet holsters belong on your ankles. :). The belt should be reserved for boom stick stuff.