Cadillac SRX bulb recomendations?

JTMcC

Newly Enlightened
I searched but did not find. I would appreciate advise on the best replacement bulbs for a 2005 Cadillac SRX, thanks.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched but did not find. I would appreciate advise on the best replacement bulbs for a 2005 Cadillac SRX, thanks.
With halogen or HID headlamps?
And if not for the headlamp high or low beam, which bulb position? Reversing lamp? Stop lamp? Front position lamp?

Note that for this year/model, the halogen headlamp bulbs have a straight base, not a right-angle base. This may limit your ability to upgrade depending on what it takes to adapt the lamp (if adapting is needed) to accept the right-angle bulbs.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Well, if you just got the car, take a look at the headlamps and make sure they're not fogged/clouded/crazed/otherwise degraded by age and sunlight.

HID bulbs lose intensity with usage, so unless this is a low-mile car you'll want to put in new bulbs. That's a D1S bulb in your low beams. This is the good upgrade bulb.

Your high beams take the straight-base 9005XS bulb. There's no direct upgrade for them. If angle-base 9005 bulbs will fit (buy one and see) then you can upgrade in the usual way by getting these and trimming them like this.

Headlamp aim is of ultimate importance. Even if you do nothing else, find a shop that has an optical headlamp aimer (looks like a big video camera on wheels). If they say they shine the lights on the wall to aim them, keep looking. See here for all the details.