Nitecore TINI battery question

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TINI and notice it drains the battery after about a month. Nitecore states it should run on standby 365 days. Should I put it in daily mode? Or is the battery just gimpy?

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TINI and notice it drains the battery after about a month. Nitecore states it should run on standby 365 days. Should I put it in daily mode? Or is the battery just gimpy?
Battery and MAH? Tried a better quality and higher MAh rating battery?

pc_light

Enlightened
FWIW, mine is in default Demo mode and has sat in draw for longer than 1-2 mos and still turned on, so could be an issue. Is it being accidentally activated?

pc_light

Enlightened
It sits in a drawer too. No chance of accidental activation. My suspicion is on a dud battery.
Sounds likely.

I use one of those USB charge monitors (typically less than $10) that show USB voltage/charging mA/cumulative mA to help me monitor battery charge conditions/capacity. It might help confirm whether or not battery is taking a charge. Won't help with determining parasitic drain but I don't recall seeing that as an issue with the TINI.

Good luck.

Vemice

Enlightened
Sounds like the battery.
I've had mine for about 4-5 months using periodically. Still shows 3 flashes on battery check (mode button).
Rides on my key chain.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
I get a similar drain when not in use, so not sure the specs they list for standby are accurate