Best front and rear strobe headlamp

andyc

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a headlamp with both front and rear flashing light (with red rear light).

Doesn't need to be particularly bright, intended use is cycling, and I've already got a 2000 lumen light on the bars from the one and only Vinh. This one is mostly to be spotted more easily.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Headlamp on a bicycle is a big no no. If you turn your head, other road-users can misinterpret which direction you're going.

overload001

Newly Enlightened
CAT CT4120

Not sure if the front light has strobe mode, but the rear light does it

Last edited:

andyc

Newly Enlightened
I see loads of people with helmet mounted torches round here (Manchester, UK).

I'm going for a black diamond sprinter I think, as it's USB rechargeable.

SRSeedBurners

Newly Enlightened
I use a helmet mounted light front/rear in addition to the bar light and seat-stay mounted tail light (Dallas, Tx). I learned my lesson when a Hummer H2 pulled out into the lane directly in front of me. Claimed he never saw my light. That's the day I added a helmet mounted front and back. I then noticed at dusk and dark that cars are a lot less likely to pull out because they really don't know what's coming with the dual setup. They couldn't give a rats *** about you but when they can't figure out if what's coming down the road might kill them, they'll think twice about pulling out.

This is what I use, it's a great little setup:
https://www.lightandmotion.com/choose-your-light/vis-pro