Cree CXB3590 In A FLASHLIGHT!

markr6

Flashaholic
YES!!! This is why CPF is so great. That switch...I love it!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is nuts. Finally a comically large LED to match the proportions of the GT! One of the most unique and cool mods I've seen in a while.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. That was sick! I thought you were just joking when you said you were going to fit that led into that GT. WOW, just WOW!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I would much rather have one of these than one of the current crop of multi-multi-multi-emitter lights that are so common, nicely done.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic work! What I'd give to have a shop like yours! Thanks for the entertaining and educational video as always!

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Entertaining as always and good work. Interesting replacement, though it looks like it turns it from a thrower into a flooder.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get that question very often. That is also the reason I don't offer it :) The labor on this was horrifying. Just no quick way to reproduce it. For that reason (plus parts are high) the price would be like $900.
Terrific and entertaining video review!

I wonder how many people who purchase this put it to use for real-world tasks. First, it's absolutely huge and cumbersome to carry. Second, there are smaller lights that can provide sufficient illumination for the need (and of course, you could always double up and have the advantage of multiple projection points). The BLF GT feels like overkill, although it's certainly an impressive demonstration of what's possible. Would this be a candidate for a search team's HID light?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm late to the game on understanding the BLF GT project... didn't realize how much BLF was influential on getting Lumintop to produce this. I expect that the nature of such a product wouldn't trigger a new BLF GT variant like this, as it wouldn't be profitable... plus, all the people who already bought the BLF GT wouldn't likely be ready to "upgrade."

However, what I'm thinking of is... about some kind of "conversion kit" that could be made to then be installed by an owner (or by an experienced technician)? Would there be some way to do it without being "too expensive"?

Last edited: