Elwis D0 High CRI Rechargeable Pocket Inspection Lamp

CaptCarrot

Newly Enlightened
http://elwislighting.com/product/d0/

Does anyone have any experience with this particular light, or the brand in general?

This light is claiming a CRI of 95+.

I'm in the market for a high CRI pocket inspection lamp and have been eyeing up ZebraLight H604 series - going for the "d", but unsure about the flood vs the floody....

Biggest problem with the ZLs for me though is that I'm in the UK, so the cost is increased by import charges.

Searching for an alternative brought me to Elwis. By the time I've added shipping and taxes to the ZL (and battery and charger), the Elwis D0 is more than half the price!

OK, the single LED end IS NOT high CRI, but the inspection lamp bit made up of a bank of 6 unspecified LEDs is.

Yes the ZL is both brighter and more compact, both compelling reasons in their own right, but then I'm only using this for walk round vehicle checks. And while I'm not colour matching, I would like the high CRI due to the way wet weather soaks up the otherwise restricted spectrum of light.

So, anyone give me any feedback on this?

Should I risk it?

I should I break the bank for a ZL?

Zak

Enlightened
A Manker E03H (219C), Astrolux S41 (219C), or Emisar D4 (219C; caution - max output can burn things) might be a less expensive option for you if you want high-CRI and floody. The Emisar offers an optional frosted optic for more flood.

Additional upcoming options include the Astrolux S43 (219C), possibly the Lumintop FW3A (LH351D), and the Armytek Wizard Pro (144A, if they stop talking about it and actually do it).

CaptCarrot

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll take a look...

[edit]

Having looked, the Armytec and Manker look interesting, due to the similar format to the ZL

but they're not that much cheaper...

Last edited:

Zak

Enlightened
The Manker should be cheaper. Those are 35 USD and can probably be found for not terribly more in the UK, or ordered from China.