Basic 6 month review of Jetbeam Jet II Mk.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased my Jetbeam Jet II Mk in early March from Amazon for roughly $29.99, including a Jetbeam 680mAh 16340 battery. I had been carrying my old Zebralight SC600 Mk that I'd purchased in 2012. I'd lost my Zebralight SC52, and had switch fail issues with my Spark SL5-220CW after just 3 months of edc use. The SC600 was just too heavy and bulky to carry, even in a special holster I found.

The Jetbeam Jet II mk is a very small CR123 sized light. The smallest I've owned or seen. Its 2.5" long x .86" wide(65mm x 22mm). It weighs just 1.06oz(30g) without a battery. Its rated at IPX-8, waterproof/submersible to 2m.

So I began carrying the Jet II Mk as soon as it arrived. It uses an XP-L hi LED. Its got a nice, neutral tint, with no bluishness and no significant greenishness to Its hot spot, like some XM-L lights I've owned. Its got 4 brightness settings, but no strobe or SOS(thank you!). It utilizes a twisty switch, that switches from one setting to a higher one when you twist it back and forth.

Here are the modes and run times: Its high brightness setting is 510L(45 mins). It also has a decent .5L moonlight(150 hours), a 5L low(15 hours), a 100L medium(1.5 hours). Its beam profile is a good happy medium between flood and throw. Its peak beam intensity is 4800cd, and peak beam distance is 138m.

Its anodizing seems to be slightly thinner than more expensive lights I've owned, but it's still very solid. The knurling on its surface is effective, and it's overall durability seems good. I read where I person said it's twisty operation is too loose and easily turned on by accident, but that was an Amazon review as I recall, and it certainly doesn't apply to mine, which has an ideal amount of twisting resistance. It came with a nice lanyard, a spare O-ring, as well as one of the common, but generally useless snap-on pocket clips.

So far it's worked great for me. I actually find it more convenient and useful than my old Zebralight SC52, or Jetbeam BC-10. I connect the loop of its lanyard around my belt, then drop the light into my right, front pocket. It hangs about 1-2 inches from the bottom of my pocket, and having the lanyard looped onto my belt guarantees it won't get hung up in my keys and accidentally pulled out of or off of my pocket, and lost(like the SC52). I'd certainly recommend the Jet II mk as a primary edc light, or an inexpensive backup edc light, or just an addition to a collection.

👉👉If anyone else owns one of these, please chime in with your experience, including how long you've owned it, and how much use it gets.

Last edited: