before I buy a blf q8 is there any other lights in this category ?

joeymouch

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if I spend closer to 100 or alittle more if there are any big jumps in lumens, looking for something with some throw. Thanks

funkychateau

Enlightened
Just wondering if I spend closer to 100 or alittle more if there are any big jumps in lumens, looking for something with some throw. Thanks

I'm not sure whether it is still active, but last week I bought a Q8 through a BLF group-buy thread for $39.95 with free shipping. In my opinion, it's about the most interesting 4x18650 soda-can light at any price.

And reviews suggest that this latest version throws pretty well. Waiting for mine to arrive.

Last edited:

klrman

Newly Enlightened

ROT66 if you get in on the BLF group buy. Same style but smaller using only 3x18650 with max output around 10,000 lumens with XPL HI.

Sorry, ROT66 is not good for throw compared to the Q8.

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
100? it costs like less then 50$ with a code.. and no for this price range there isnt anything really that come close really with nice ramping tint etc....

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
ROT66 if you get in on the BLF group buy. Same style but smaller using only 3x18650 with max output around 10,000 lumens with XPL HI.

Sorry, ROT66 is not good for throw compared to the Q8.

Actually rot66 will be good to compare with a q8.. rot66 have optic lense, so that will improve throw..

rot66 sst20 version cost about $66 with the coupon.. it will came with the anduril .

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Astrolux MF01 if you want that to stay within the 4x18650 form factor.

Fireflies ROT66 if you want a more compact 3x18650 form factor.

klrman

Newly Enlightened
Actually rot66 will be good to compare with a q8.. rot66 have optic lense, so that will improve throw..

rot66 sst20 version cost about $66 with the coupon.. it will came with the anduril .

Will be interesting to compare it to my Q8 when my rot66 arrives. Could be a month or more before I see it as I ordered XPL-hi and FF is still waiting for an Anduril update on it before shipping.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be interesting to compare it to my Q8 when my rot66 arrives. Could be a month or more before I see it as I ordered XPL-hi and FF is still waiting for an Anduril update on it before shipping.

It will be worth the wait. I would get an anduril if i could.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anduril is super easy to flash on the Q8, you do not need to even touch a soldering iron. You can just unscrew the driver and the wires are long enough to get the driver into a position to attach the flash tool and you just screw it back in.