New Surefire Stiletto

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Surefire posted the the Stiletto light on their website. However it shows that's it is unavailable still and MSRP is $109. 650 Lumens and rechargeable. Very interesting design and looking forward to some reviews.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's smaller then I imagined it would be but I don't get this light? It's got a weird shape and funny lumens spacing.idk maybe an edc for off duty police I guess

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks ok, seems practical, modern USB rechargeable but Surefire has lost me completely years ago. They either have one level 1000 lumens or two level 5 lumens and 800 lumens. I have absolutely no use for either of these two levels.
I don't get it but that is not a consumer product. As a consumer I use 50 to 100 lumens most times. 15 lumens is useful sometimes. The way they space their lights levels lumens makes it clear to me they left the regular consumer market long time ago. I don't chase lumens.

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they got the word that the flashing main emitter on the Sidekick is not a good charge indicator in a dim room or vehicle at night.

Is this yet another disposable SF light with a lithium polymer battery? Is the battery guaranteed for one year, two years or not at all? Can it be replaced?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is anything with integrated Lithium polymer battery will have 1 to 2 years max warranty.

"Programming switch allows end-users to change activation sequences and more"

More like in what ?

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Am I the only one who thinks the tail switch should have some form of user programmability to choose if it only accesses maximum as it does, or allow access to all three brightnesses?
I prefer tail switches over side switches, but to me what they did here is kind of an oops better luck next time.

And yes, straight from 5 lumens to 250 with nothing in between seems like a problem they should have addressed years ago.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the main disadvantage would be if the light is servicable. My Sidekick seems to be completely glued. If the internal LiPo cell is not working anymore the Sidekick is only junk.
The Sidekick looks like the head is fixed with two screws. My hope is it is possible to open the light to change an old battery and use the light for a longer time.
At all I do not like stuff with a "planned" obsolescence. For this reason I try not buying stuff with not removable batteries. sometimes it is very difficuilt I know. But for sure I would definately not buy a flashlight that is not serviceable if I'd like to change an old battery that is not working anymore.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the email announcing this light. Clip, waterproof, may go for one.

Yea, I'm the guy who loves the DBR Guardian! :thumbsup:

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
I returned my Guardian It got way too hot. I know things are hot in the desert but I dont think this one would have surived a Arizona summer. Im going to give this Stiletto a try as my EDC.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I returned my Guardian It got way too hot. I know things are hot in the desert but I dont think this one would have surived a Arizona summer. Im going to give this Stiletto a try as my EDC.

Heat is definitely something to check out on these sealed lithium polymer battery SureFire lights. My Sidekick's reflector has turned a dark golden shade from the heat. I'm sure a lot of beam lumens are lost from the reflector darkening. I haven't really used the light that much since the flash while charging mode is so annoying.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Sidekick's reflector has turned a dark golden shade from the heat. I'm sure a lot of beam lumens are lost from the reflector darkening. I haven't really used the light that much since the flash while charging mode is so annoying.

Same thing happened with my Sidekick :ohgeez:. I use it on low or medium most of the time, I never left it on High for long periods of time. It still works and doesn't seem to affect the beam, but definitely some lumens are lost.