• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *sold* Surefire Four-Flats L1, with Nichia 319, gen5?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finished up this mod last night. These early surefires always have a sickly green tint to the beam, so I've updated it with a nice smooth 5000 kelvin Nichia 319AT. Everything else is bone stock, except for adding an (included) efest 16340.
This is one that will slide into the battery tube nicely. These L1's, and especially the four flats versions, should only be lightly modded in my opinion. The thing that makes this unique is the two-stage system. I don't mess with that driver. With the Nichia's greater efficiency, it is noticeably brighter, but this is not a barn burner by any stretch. Pretty sure this is a Gen5, but it may be a gen6. Either way, it's a great piece of SF history.

Selling for SOLD $110, free shipping to the contiguous 48 states.
Note that unless this sells today by noon Arizona time, I cannot ship this until Friday. Out of town starting this afternoon.

Here's the build log
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...D-in-a-gen5-surefire-L1&p=5245940#post5245940

Here's a beamshot.
Overall this turned out quite nicely, however the hotspot isn't quite centered. This only matters if you are a wall-watcher, in use I don't notice it. Don't buy if that sort of thing bothers you. After thinking about it, I know the reason why, I made the pocket wider so that I could redrill the holes for the ground and positive, around the plastic cup. In future mods I've got a plan to sort that out. This LED is thermal epoxy'ed into place, so it's not moving anytime soon.
https://youtu.be/oMmLddOlYrw

~D

Last edited:

petrov14

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire Four-Flats L1, with Nichia 319, gen5?

I'll take this!

petrov14

Newly Enlightened

Tried to PM, your box is full. Please send payment info. Thanks!

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast

paypal received, shipping out today. Just under the wire!

And it appears this is a Gen4 torch, the last four-flats model

~D