Trying to give an old surefire E2D defender some new life.

tonyvillegas

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

My coworker that was in the navy sold me two surefire flashlights for 25 bucks. Surefire m600a and a Surefire E2D Executive defender. I decided to upgrade the defender first, as I won't be using the other one as much.

So searching the web brought me to this forum. I'm trying to keep the same look of the flashlight but want to add a drop in LED kit. I ran across this one from lumens factory. Is it any good?

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=336

Another question I have, do any of you know of any upgrades to the tail cap?

Also decided to take the flashlight apart and send it to one of my buddy's that does cerakote. Still haven't decided on the color.

So I figured how to take the whole thing apart. But is the shiny part inside the bezel supposed to come off?

Thank you everyone, and sorry if I don't know the proper names for some of the parts. New to flashlights.

tonyvillegas

Newly Enlightened
So I found the thread on how to modify the McClicky to work on my tailcap. I also found out the reflector does not come off. Does anyone know if I get it cerakoted, will the baking process damage it?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tony, welcome!
Do you realize you got the deal of the century? Those incandescent E-series torches are easily $100 each. The scout lights are closer to $300. You planning on using it as a WML?

On either, there are upgrades that range from drop-in to retina-searing. Drop in is easily available from Lumens Factory (which works pretty darn well, but are not as tough as stock), to the incan Tad Custom's modules.

Other upgrades basically need you to lathe out the one-piece reflector/ head and have a pill made for you. This way you can run single LEDs to triples, like this one I did a while back.

lT1QWF.jpg

uG2x3e.jpg

0ZaMHe.jpg

tonyvillegas

Newly Enlightened
Dan thank you very much for replying. I'm using the scout on my ar15, and planning to add a Malkoff head to that one, but I want to upgrade the E2D first, since I'll be carrying it more often.

Man that came out nice. Who made the pill for you? And did you lathe the reflector yourself?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I answered your PM, but will put it here as well. Yes, I'm lucky that my father has a metalworking shop, at his house. So I pop over there when I want to do some modifications. I have not had much formal training, but I've been learning on the lathe since 2013.

tonyvillegas

Newly Enlightened
So I did the McClicky update on this, I ordered only the switch and used my boot, but it seems like it takes a while for me to push the switch. Will the boot that comes with the McClicky fix this issue?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
TV, new rubber boots have a post inside, that you shave down to fit the switch.
The stock boot probably has this post completely removed. Here's an image (I'm making new silicone boots) that shows the post in new boots.

Gu4r4y.jpg

So I did the McClicky update on this, I ordered only the switch and used my boot, but it seems like it takes a while for me to push the switch. Will the boot that comes with the McClicky fix this issue?

tonyvillegas

Newly Enlightened
TV, new rubber boots have a post inside, that you shave down to fit the switch.
The stock boot probably has this post completely removed. Here's an image (I'm making new silicone boots) that shows the post in new boots.

Gu4r4y.jpg

Did those boots come with a McClicky?