Best auxillary low beam?

Ls400

Enlightened
Thinking about adding a pair of aux low beams to my vehicle. The 9011s in place of 9005s are good, and I aimed the lights with a wall. Couldn't find a shop that had an optical aiming machine.

What are the best aux low beams? Are the Hella 60mm halogen projectors any good?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
1. What kind of vehicle is this?
2. "aim on a wall" is not good enough. You quit too soon; keep calling around until you find a shop with an optical aiming machine.

eggsalad

Enlightened
I found a shop that had an optical aimer by calling a shop that SELLS optical aimers and asking who their customers were :)

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a shop that had an optical aimer by calling a shop that SELLS optical aimers and asking who their customers were :)
Now that's using your noggin!

Ls400: Which car is this? The '15 RAV4? '18 RAV4? The '98 LS400? It may take some creative solutions to mount the lamps neatly, like shown here.

No matter what vehicle it is, you'll need to be sure whatever auxiliary lamps you install do not render regulated motor vehicle equipment inoperative, or in simpler terms: Don't let them block view of your turn signals, or interfere with the factory headlamps' beam patterns.

Ls400

Enlightened
The '13 RAV4. I'm not comfortable messing with wiring so I'll probably have to take it somewhere. What are some recommended aux low beams? I'll try looking around some more for shops with a headlight aiming machine.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
The '13 RAV4. I'm not comfortable messing with wiring so I'll probably have to take it somewhere.
If a shop does the aux lamp installation, hopefully they don't need to be reminded that they need to take care to not block headlamps and turn signals-- but who am I kidding? You'll certainly need to remind them.