HDS Systems Poll: If you could only keep 1 HDS Light which one would it be?

moltenmag

Enlightened
A little challenge for you Minimalist EDC'ers. If you could only keep one HDS Flashlight (and one battery source), which one would it be? I couldn't make this an actual poll because the list of options would be endless. Post your pick and your reasons why below! (Artwork by me)

Questions to consider:

• Do you value function over form or vise versa?
  • Which LED is your personal Holy Grail?
  • Do you value the robustness over functionality or vise versa?
  • Which battery source would you value the most (can only choose one)?
  • If you had to sell your collection tomorrow and only have one light, which one?

2zp8mk8.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Good luck with most here saying they would only have one. They will list them in order lol.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
But I'll go first. My U60XRGT. yep not super bright by today's standards but plenty enough to live with and super long low runtime .way longer then the new models. Primary 123's all the way

Last edited:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little challenge for you Minimalist

I'm out. :crackup:

EDIT: Ok, here's a real answer. If I had to just have one HDS for whatever terrible reason, it would be:

Titanium -- because ti is basically indestructible and doesn't show wear nearly as bad as a coated metal.
Rotary -- because Rotary is probably the best way of controlling a flashlight ever invented.
Flat-boot -- because tailstanding is a useful ability
NB45 - because the 219b sw45k is probably the most pleasant-looking emitter going at the moment, in my opinion.

In other words, exactly what I've pre-ordered and am expecting sometime around February, a Valentine to myself :D

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

It would be my 200 HCI Clicky (219B 4000K).

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread! I'll take it a step further. If I could only have one flashlight of any description, it would be the HDS Executive NB45. Portable lighting perfected.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's currently a toss up for me. either my upcoming Ti w/sw45 or my 219b r9050 4000k. these are currently the two most pleasing emitters to my eyes and would serve very well for just about any use.

3000k is a nice warm emitter but I don't think I would like it for an all time use light
3 o'clock is a great option for the opposite end of the spectrum but I don't like it indoors or night time use.

This is where 4000k/4500k seems to be a happy medium for me.

scout24

Flashaholic
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

It would be my 200 HCI Clicky (219B 4000K).

Appropriate quote. I voted the same light on the FB group an hour before seeing this thread. :)

Johnnyh

Enlightened
This is tough...I would sorely miss the 35k 219c since its the one I use every single day...actually more precisely, every single night...it's my bedside light...I love that thing. So If this were a real choice I'd have to make (God forbid!) that would be it....I think...

moltenmag

Enlightened
Great thread! I'll take it a step further. If I could only have one flashlight of any description, it would be the HDS Executive NB45. Portable lighting perfected.

So the rumors of the perfect tint of the NB45 are true... cant wait to see it in person

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, if any of us were actually minimalists we wouldn't be here.

But for me it would be a flush tail CR123 rotary with OR clip easily. Emitter is kind of a toss up between nb40 9050 and nb45 9080, but I'd probably stick with the 9050.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no real sense for a happy life having only 1 HDS light. :faint: I definately need all my HDS lights :D

But I assume in case I'd take the TI Rotary 4500K 9080, Bronze Rotary 4500K 9080 or Brass rotary 4500K 9080.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Executive raised button version 2.18 software, 123 battery tube, black bezel, glass lens, Nichia 219b 4500K R9080 LED emitter, and Thors Hammer Custom Leather horizontal belt clip holster with battery compartment flap and military snap.

One compact awesome set-up.

belt-flap-holster.jpg

Last edited: