• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Anyone order a S1R II?

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea how many they had but they sold out. I could not help myself as usual and ordered one.

specv510

Newly Enlightened
Unless the specs are wrong, I don't see this as an upgrade. 100 more lumen, but a lot less runtime compared to the S1R.

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
Unless the specs are wrong, I don't see this as an upgrade. 100 more lumen, but a lot less runtime compared to the S1R.
Yes it does seem to be a down grade as far as run times go. 300 lumen mode is also absent. On the plus side you have a 100 more lumen, a power level indicator, updated pocket clip, slightly smaller, updated look/feel and Gen 2 TIR lens. I hope the beam profile looks like the new M1T Raider as it has the best EDC profile I have seen. I have had a M1T since they came out and I still find myself going out of my way to use it just so I can see the beam profile.

Last edited:

saypat

Enlightened
Took all my willpower to say no to that great sale price! I already have 4 small Olights, it couldn't be that much different. Did I want it? YEA!!!!!!!!

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
Took all my willpower to say no to that great sale price! I already have 4 small Olights, it couldn't be that much different. Did I want it? YEA!!!!!!!!
Sell me some of your willpower as I'm eating romen noodles for every meal.:broke:

BushcrafterAU

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I just ordered two. One for my brother and one for me.
I don't Ike the fact it doesn't have a 300 lumen mode, but everything else about it is a big upgrade IMO.

Great job Olight! Just maybe make a Turbo S version with a 300 lumen mode.

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
I received my S1R Baton II yesterday and here are some of my observations. The light is more similar in size, look and feel to a S1 Mini Baton than it is to the original S1R. The new texture gives the light a new look but I can't say it has more grip than previous designs. I never thought Olight lights were slippery in the first place. I was worried about keeping the clip off the side of the light when removing the tail end as to not scratch up the finish. It is very easy to do on a S1 Mini Baton. It is possible to do on the S1R Baton II but not easily. The light is insanely bright on turbo but you need to wear nomex gloves when doing so. The 1.5 minute turbo mode might be possible but I gave up after 1 minute as holding the light was very uncomfortable. Run time on high is about 1.5 minutes also as the spec's claim. The claimed run times after step down to 300 lumen on turbo 37 minutes and high 45 minutes seems about right but I did not perform in depth testing. The light gets hot on high but its manageable. Seems many people are put off by lights that only turbo for a minute or two. This is not a problem for me because I usually only need max output for a few seconds at a time. 99% of the time I run in much lower output modes. I say if you need huge output for an extended time you need a bigger light.

The TIR lens profile looks the same as the M1T Raider as I hoped it would. Very Floody with good spill. I do like the battery level indicator. Overall I like the light and would buy it again. If you need a small very high out put light with magnetic charging the S1R Baton II is the way to go IMHO. I hope Olight will come out with a S1 and S1A Baton based off the S1R Baton II. I would buy several.

Last edited:

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
I bought two of them during the flash sale. At those prices, I don't know how you could go wrong.

I gave one to a lady friend who is not a flashlight fanatic. I think the battery indicator and easy magnetic recharging system are perfect for the average person. The size means that there really is no reason for a woman to be able to always have a light with her. She can charge it in her car. That is super simple. The UI offers a lot of choices without being too complicated.

I say good job Olight!

Dynapoints

Newly Enlightened
I purchased two if them as well. I gave one to my 20yr old daughter because the size, brightness and ease of charging. I edc the other one. So small it is unnoticeable. Really like it. Great price!

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two of them during the flash sale. At those prices, I don't know how you could go wrong.

I gave one to a lady friend who is not a flashlight fanatic. I think the battery indicator and easy magnetic recharging system are perfect for the average person. The size means that there really is no reason for a woman to be able to always have a light with her. She can charge it in her car. That is super simple. The UI offers a lot of choices without being too complicated.

I agree, I think everyone should always have a light with them. People laugh at me because I carry two. But who's laughing when they ask to borrow one? Me.

I say good job Olight!

Wonder

Newly Enlightened
$48.74 so not free but it was 25% off the list price of $64.99. If you ordered two you got 30% off so $45.49.

Last edited: