All Brass Executive Elite Flashlight

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original thread "All Brass E" was started by night.hoodie.
He had a dream, an all Brass E series light. The base for this dream was the UBH II by Sparks Illuminations. This was a body, long enough to hold two AA cells. It also includes all the needed spacers to run the light with one or two CR123's(or 16340's), one or two AA's(14500's). The UBH (Universal Battery Holder) is a body only. I will add more photos to the Opening Post later to include the spacers. I am going to summarize the key elements of the original thread(night.hoodie and I have communicated and with his blessing I am taking on the dream to make an all Brass E light). In the original thread, he included links to all vendors. Since the rules regarding links to advertisers that have not paid the appropriate fees or met all appropriate requirements are being enforced, I will provide the information to allow you to find them on the web if they have not met said requirements and actual links if they have. My goal is to present the original dream, add information about what is available and ultimately have a list of those interested in the various aspects of this light. I will provide this information to the vendors to make the dreams a reality.
The original dream:
For some time, since falling hard for E Series, and discovering that Sparks Illuminations still sold the Brass UBH II(Universal Battery Holder),I have desired an all brass E. No personal practical reasons, this would be a trophy, though it occurs to me such a light might be desired for environments where sparks are banned for safety reasons or corrosive salt water/ brackish environments, such as at sea or for a marina.

I had noted in the past, or I think I remember seeing, there were once available attractive brass tailstanding tailcaps from TorchLAB (but maybe they were just in Cu or Ti, unsure). I do not like as much, from personal taste and my strong opinion that no one ever uses (or it is so rare overall result is the same) flashlights like a defensive knife or a mace (but perhaps far more often as a club), but the brass RPM tailcaps for E available in Custom & Modified will satisfy my interest almost as well. They'll do, while their availability lasts, I'm almost sure of it.

But I am unaware of, have never seen before, any E series thread compatible solid brass heads, neither any brass incan head/reflectors, nor dropin modular, nor fixed with LED single, triple, whatever, in brass.
Did torchLAB or fivemega ever offer a solid brass E series thread-compatible head/reflector, in any configuration? Did any designer ever have a solid brass E head, that may exist in small quatities in collections or whereever?

Looking for a brass E Series thread-compatible head/reflector, preferably for incan application, but not necessarily not for LED application (why not have both). Does it exist? Thanks.

Edit: I am already aware there are replacement brass bezel rings, (made by CPF username: altermann, more info to be added soon) which will have to satisfy unless an all brass head can be revealed, or anyone voluteers the name of a skilled maker that can create a one-off Elite head duplication in brass, or design something as attractive to me.

Ok, that covers the concept, now for the photos:
The Brass RPM McClicky Tail Cap, The Sparks Illumination UBH II, Surefire E Series Head with Brass Bezel by CPF altermann.
OKJRbNf.jpg

The Brass RPM Tail Cap, Surefire E1E Body & Head with Brass Bezel by altermann .
IcplvTF.jpg

I have also been in discussions with multiple vendors to determine the feasibility of an all Brass E Series Head. Many have asked me "Why Brass", it's heavy, it tarnishes, why not use another material?
My answer, it's heavy, and feels very solid in the hand, not to mention excellent heat transference properties. It tarnishes, it develops a beautiful Patina that gives each light it's own personality. Why not other metals? Indeed, why not? I want Copper, Titanium and who knows what else?

Regarding incandescent, LED, Drivers, etc: I will add photos of the various components I am using in the near future. Please feel free to add what you are using.

Please add your names if interested in any or all components(Brass RPM Tail Cap/UBH II/Brass E Head/Brass Bezel Ring
Interest List:
1. Crazyeddiethefirst
2. night.hoodie
3. id30209
4. scout24
5. magellan
6. 808vudoo
7. Steeldog

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks archimedes,
I am pretty rusty since I have not started a thread for a while and have never "taken over" one before. There are a few areas that are just space holders (XXXXXXX) while I add the info. Thanks for your contribution-I will try to gather other links as well....

Any idea why my imagur links don't show up as photos? I thought I had it figured out but apparently not....

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, yes and yes!
Thank you Crazyeddiethefirst for this list!
Not sure if i can speak out but i hope RPM won't mind...recently we chat over few old items and he announced that E tailcaps, bodies and heads are in trial runs. They will be available in several options, Brass, Copper, Titanium and Aluminium. :))
But as i remember in night.hoodie's thread, mcbrat also announced that he also have interest in creating these icons...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, yes and yes!
Thank you Crazyeddiethefirst for this list!
Not sure if i can speak out but i hope RPM won't mind...recently we chat over few old items and he announced that E tailcaps, bodies and heads are in trial runs. They will be available in several options, Brass, Copper, Titanium and Aluminium. :))
But as i remember in night.hoodie's thread, mcbrat also announced that he also have interest in creating these icons...

Please anyone, feel free to share on this thread. I had yet confirmed RPM was doing the heads, he did share that he was working on multiple "old school" items. His work is so excellent & I am really looking forward to see what he does. I need to transfer over McBrat's Photo of His E compatible light.. Mick is the person who first introduced me to copper lights and his work is also very impressive.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Thanks for working it, Crazyeddiethefirst! Your UBHII brass is super! Takes a certain amount of brass to carry this light. Thanks for the pics, so yummy, really helps me a lot. Very happy to see this build complete. But looks like you failed to mention what you're running inside the head. Could there be a Tad Customs' brass socket in there? I bet there is. ;)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for working it, Crazyeddiethefirst! Your UBHII brass is super! Takes a certain amount of brass to carry this light. Thanks for the pics, so yummy, really helps me a lot. Very happy to see this build complete. But looks like you failed to mention what you're running inside the head. Could there be a Tad Customs' brass socket in there? I bet there is. ;)

I actually have multiple options for this setup:
1. Tad customs/4 different Incan bulbs.
2. Tana Led Single
3. Steve Ku 2 stage Led
4. Surefire standard incan(MN0 series)
5. Multiple Lumens Factory LED drop ins from Single to triple mode of varying voltages to allow use of CR123 or 16340 Lithium Ion rechargeables.
I love the options available!