EDC with 2-way clip

KingOfF00LS

Newly Enlightened
My EDC was recently lost (which is to say I believe it was stolen as when I returned to where I'm sure I had laid it down while using it it was gone). I know I'm probably not going to find something exactly like I want, so I'll put a list of what I like and maybe you all can come up with a decently close match.

For reference, my previous EDC was a ThruNite Archer 1A V3. It was a great light that served me well. The 200 lumens was more than plenty, and I usually had to keep the output much lower as I'm looking close up at circuit boards and the like and too bright just glares off the surface of what I'm looking at making it impossible to read. All that to say, I don't require crazy amounts of lumens for an EDC.

There are only 2 things preventing me from just getting another.

(1) The clip. The clip itself was fine, but I would dearly LOVE to have an EDC with one of those two-way clips so that it stays clipped into my pocket, but that it also clips to the bill of a hat if I need to do some quick looking and dragging out a headlamp is more trouble than it's worth for a 30 second examination of something.

(2) Size. The Archer was by no means large, but it would be nice to have something in AAA format to make it even smaller. This light is used in short stretches, so swapping out and charging batteries is not a big deal.

I would like to avoid a twister if possible. I'm just not a big fan of that style. I'd also like something with a separate tail switch for power and side switch for modes (like the Archer). It's been my experience that lights with a side switch for power get turned on in my pocket which is extremely annoying and counterproductive when you find out you just killed your battery because the light was running in your pocket for the last couple hours.

So any suggestions along these lines would be much appreciated, especially considering the strong desire for a two-way clip.

Thanks.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 1AAA. It has the best 2 way clip that I've experienced and clips on thick brimmed hats without springing the clip - it always returns to it's original shape - which is excellent.

It's very light weight.

It has a beam that's more on the floody side, which is great for close up.

It has three output levels plus strobe, as well as mode memory, so it always comes on in the mode that it was in when you turned it off. Sadly, the strobe can't be skipped when cycling through the modes - it's not hidden.

I don't know how to insert pictures and don't want to link the Mfg website, for concern of breaking rules, so I don't have any pictures.

It's currently on sale for $22.95.

From the Manufacturer:

Performance: Maximum output of 130 lumens. Maximum runtime of 20 hours. Three brightness levels, plus Strobe.
Size: Length: 3.28" Head: 0.57" Diameter: 0.55"
Weight: 0.6 oz. (18.2g) excluding batteries
Battery: One AAA battery, alkaline or Ni-MH recommended.
Includes: Mizpah 130 flashlight, one AAA battery, user manual, coated steel pocket clip, and two spare o-rings

FEATURES:

Utilizes high performance CREE XP-G2 LED with a life of 50,000 hours
Glass Lens with double-sided anti-reflective coating
Body is corrosion resistant, military-grade, CNC machined, aircraft-quality Type III hard anodized aluminum alloy
Removable coated steel pocket clip
Waterproof to IPX-8 standard, 2 meters for 30 minutes
Aluminum tail switch operation; turns light on/off and switches modes
Recall memory function allows the light to turn on in the last mode used
Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness

ANSI/FSC Low Medium High
OUTPUT
LUMENS 6 34 130
RUNTIME 20h 4h 50min
DISTANCE 121ft. (37m)
INTENSITY 350cd (Max)
IMPACT 1m
WATERPROOF IPX-8, underwater 2m

Last edited:

Lumen83

Enlightened
The surefire EDCL-1T has a two way clip and is my current EDC. I didn't think I would like it so I held off for a while but now that I have it I love it and swear by it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Find the triple A you like and add a Streamlight microstream clip to it. It fits a bunch of triple A lights as is or can be stretched a bit to fit over slightly larger ones.

They're like $3 at Bright Guy dot com.

KingOfF00LS

Newly Enlightened
Figured I would reply with what I chose just in case it helps someone else.

The closest I could find to what I wanted was the Olight S1 Mini Baton. It's a little bigger diameter than I had hoped for but overall is still a small package. It has the two way clip and a moonlight mode which I definitely do use.

Latest posts