Browning high noon pro

Yoteshooter

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I bought a browning high noon pro LED rechargeable spotlight for predator hunting at night. I was Unaware that filtering white led with red kills the output as severely as it does. It's a very powerful spotlight for its size/price. I was Going to put tail light tape over it to filter, but it just drowns out the light. It comes with a cree XM-L led bulb. Is there a way to replace the led with a red led chip that's just as powerful. This is a 1400 lumen output on high.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

First off, you should realize that Browning's specs are a bit of fiction. No XM-L was ever rated at 1400 lm, and to run one at 40% over spec in a plastic body would be pure insanity. And to run 1400 lm for 4 hours using XM-L technology would take about 50 W-H of battery. At the claimed 5000 mA-H, that would have to be 10V. Now granted it could be a 3S lithium Ion battery at nominally 11.1V, but to run that configuration in this light would be a poor design choice, and there's no way you could charge a battery that big from USB in 3 hours.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find that anyone ever made a red LED in that configuration. If you were able to change the board the LED is mounted on, you may be able to put a different configuration of LED in there.

If you are up to it, take the light apart so we can see the guts, and maybe we can make some recommendations.