General Purpose Light with emphasis on Throw

Sun Boy

Newly Enlightened
I currently have M2X-UT and TC 20. Both great lights but neither suit my exact needs. .

I would like a light with good throw (say 500m) but with a much larger hot spot than the M2X-UT.

I have read up on the various Sky Lumen lights and like the size of the Lumintop GT Mini and the Thrunite Catapult V6 but am not sure what versions if any may achieve what I am looking for.

Alternatively, is there another Light which may suit.

Thanks

Sun Boy

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
I currently have M2X-UT and TC 20. Both great lights but neither suit my exact needs. .

I would like a light with good throw (say 500m) but with a much larger hot spot than the M2X-UT.

I have read up on the various Sky Lumen lights and like the size of the Lumintop GT Mini and the Thrunite Catapult V6 but am not sure what versions if any may achieve what I am looking for.

Thanks

Sun Boy

I have the Catapult V6 in stock and it's a short stubby beast. Cool White tint. I show it off to my coworkers who work nightshift and they are amazed by how it throws on Turbo. You won't be disappointed if you get a CATvn V6 from Sky Lumen.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks

Sun Boy

When you say 500m do you mean something well lit at 500m to be seen wit the naked in earth's atmosphere? If then then you will likely need something that is rated for about 1000m ANSI.

A 500m ANSI rating means that at 500m the object is lit with 1 candlepower from 1m away in a vacuum. Simply put, this mean that if you are in space with negligible air pollution at 500m away you can read black text on a white piece of paper that is dimly lit with a candle placed 1m away. Surely on earth with all the pollution we have at 500m you will not have 1 candle power.

I will assume that you want to well lit something 500m away with a 1000m rated flashlight. If yes the CatVN, and GTvn Mini wont cut it. You will soemthing like a MK35 with a XHP35 HD if you want a larger hot spot that throws.

If you only meant 500m rating then yes many smaller compact such as GTvn Mini and CatVN will do it. Sorry if I went off in a tangent.

Sun Boy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for responding.

Just to clarify was looking at a light with rating of 500m.

Was considering the GT Mini Spec 4 Samsung HRCI 4000K?

Also what options are available in the V6 with 500m throw but a bigger hot spot.

Thanks

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for responding.

Just to clarify was looking at a light with rating of 500m.

Was considering the GT Mini Spec 4 Samsung HRCI 4000K?

Also what options are available in the V6 with 500m throw but a bigger hot spot.

Thanks

Xhp35 HD 4500K is likely ur best bet. GTvn Mini with samsung is ok to but I suspect lower lumen and throw.