Fenix HL55 - does it protect from overdischarge?

Frank E

Newly Enlightened
I'm buying some new batteries for flashlights and vaping. Swithering whether to buy protected or unprotected.
All my vape mods have overdischarge protection and seem to cut out at 3.5V so I'm OK with unprotected batteries for them.
My HL55 is the flashlight I use the most (wish I'd bought the one with USB charge port).
Does it have overdischarge protection?

Frank E

Newly Enlightened

ven

Flashaholic
Sounds like it Frank, its stepping down as the voltage drains lower or towards/near 3v give/take. Its defo worth having a couple of cells to swap out and charge the other. For work i have a separate charger(well 3 to be exact), so any charging there is done easy. Typically when i use a light/headlamp, i just top off after use, usually if its been more than 30 mins(tends to be on /off use for 6hrs or so each day). Odd time i can use for a couple of hours or more solid at around 140lm. So for the next day i am good to go from the off, same with lights at home. If its an only light, then 2 cells a must, just swap out for fresh, charge used up. If other lights on hand, no big deal to swap out cell, just swap light and charge up.

USB charging is handy at times, but no good if you need the light! So even my usb chargeable lights , these still get charged in a charger if i can remove the cell.

If you need a spare cell or 2 , just pm me with your add.

Frank E

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it Frank, its stepping down as the voltage drains lower or towards/near 3v give/take. Its defo worth having a couple of cells to swap out and charge the other. For work i have a separate charger(well 3 to be exact), so any charging there is done easy. Typically when i use a light/headlamp, i just top off after use, usually if its been more than 30 mins(tends to be on /off use for 6hrs or so each day). Odd time i can use for a couple of hours or more solid at around 140lm. So for the next day i am good to go from the off, same with lights at home. If its an only light, then 2 cells a must, just swap out for fresh, charge used up. If other lights on hand, no big deal to swap out cell, just swap light and charge up.

USB charging is handy at times, but no good if you need the light! So even my usb chargeable lights , these still get charged in a charger if i can remove the cell.

If you need a spare cell or 2 , just pm me with your add.

That's a very kind offer but I do have stock of Panasonic 3400s and some efest IMRs, cells from laptops and Makitas . I'm trying characterise them now and keeping the decent ones.The IMAX charger/discharger isn't of much utility for measurement, so oh well I'll have to treat myself to a charger / analyser. I'm waiting delivery of 2x Samsung 18650 32E 3200mAh . It's more for vaping that the poorer ones are a problem.