New 18650 Battery at HDS

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since AW had a flood and their batteries are impossible to get, HDS has now switched to a Sanyo NCR18650GA Li-ion INR 3300mAh cell made in Japan by Panasonic. Why isn't it a 3500mAh cell? Because we won't lie about the capacity. If you look at the specification sheet published by Sanyo, it states 3300mAh and everyone else is just inflating this to get sales. Also, if you look at the published reviews, all show less than 3500mAh. We would much prefer to be honest. They are now live on the HDS Systems web site.

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Catalog/?products=cAllProductArray

mcfarlie6996

Newly Enlightened
This is stupid. Why would I pay $46 for two of them when I can get them for less than $6 each elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

spaceminions

Newly Enlightened
Datasheet Eh? Is this the one that also gives a Typical capacity of 3450mAh and Minimum of 3350mAh when tested at 25* C and in fact the Rated capacity is only 3300mAh at the slightly colder 20*C? Which, in fact, is an important thing to consider, though not as important as starting and ending voltage, discharge current, etc? And so, in fact, there is no reason to suppose that 3300mAh is any better or worse a number to use than any other number they provide, EXCEPT if you also compare with the same variables on each other cell. That would, in fact, be as silly as supposing that the nominal voltage of a cell was enough to describe its voltage at every state of charge, drain current, and temperature. Which is, in fact, nonsense. I, too, want to know whether there has been a pricing error, because if in fact these are /exactly/ what the datasheet specifies, to say nothing of if they actually fail to meet the minimums, then there are much better sources, even assuming a full separate order must be made at rush shipping prices.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is f*cking stupid. Why would I pay $46 for two of them when I can get them for less than $6 each elsewhere?

Holly crap batman! Henry didn't get the price changed! That was the old AW price. It should be $18. I've got Henry on it.
Though we are not in the business of selling batteries. They are mostly offered for those who purchase a light and want extra batteries as we ship each 18650 light WITH an 18650 battery.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Datasheet Eh? Is this the one that also gives a Typical capacity of 3450mAh and Minimum of 3350mAh when tested at 25* C and in fact the Rated capacity is only 3300mAh at the slightly colder 20*C? Which, in fact, is an important thing to consider, though not as important as starting and ending voltage, discharge current, etc? And so, in fact, there is no reason to suppose that 3300mAh is any better or worse a number to use than any other number they provide
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]HDS advertises minimums.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
$9 a piece ain't bad if you're already on the hook for an HDS purchase. It'll save the shipping fees and the trouble of a separate purchase.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have plenty of 18650's but good to know the 18650 lights will be coming with another great cell:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
It is the cell I use in my HDS 18650 body, imho pretty much a perfect choice(or would I say that anyway):thinking: lol

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Since AW had a flood and their batteries are impossible to get, HDS has now switched to a Sanyo NCR18650GA Li-ion INR 3300mAh cell made in Japan by Panasonic. Why isn't it a 3500mAh cell? Because we won't lie about the capacity. If you look at the specification sheet published by Sanyo, it states 3300mAh and everyone else is just inflating this to get sales. Also, if you look at the published reviews, all show less than 3500mAh. We would much prefer to be honest. They are now live on the HDS Systems web site.

So the battery says 3300 mAH right on the cell and other companies are selling it as a 3500? Lol

https://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Catalog/?products=cAllProductArray