• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to Manker

REDLINEVUE

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Manker LAD direct from their site... waited almost TWO weeks for delivery only to receive a dead light which I can not charge due to a misaligned USB port.... Its just crooked enough that the micro usb gets caught up on the edge of the female part preventing insertion. After I email them (several back and forth messages) seeking exchange - I'm told to "take a video"... ? Not sure what I'm supposed to video, THE PORT IS CROOKED and I can't plug in the micro USB to charge it. I guess I'm just chalking this one up to a $25 lesson learned. I already have a MecArmy(SGN3), NiteCore(tube) and Fenix(UC01).... but want something brighter for my keychain EDC, anyone have suggestions?

Thanks for reading...
:sigh:

ladUSB.jpg

An almost two week wait and then it's DOA. That is really disappointing! :ohgeez:Adding insult to injury, they advise sending a video. :fail:

If they're not going to exchange it might as well attempt to bend er to the left a bit.

~ Chance

markr6

Flashaholic
I bet there's enough flex to stick something in there and force the port to the left a little. Worth a shot I guess.

"Video or it didn't happen!"

ven

Flashaholic
I would just email them a pic or 2 showing the port misaligned. My guess would be ,they send a new one out to you. It seems typical practice of Chinese manufacturers to want video's. As its not flashing or blinking, a physical issue, a picture should be fine.

Nothing to loose, only a couple of mins in an email. I am sure it will end well, dont give up as its also a matter of principle. Besides $25 is still a good amount of money.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
It really shouldn't be that hard to push it over into place. I wouldn't touch it of course if they made any offer to fix it but it should pop right over. I've had several devices with the same problem

thslw8jg

Enlightened
You can also try disassembling the light and realigning the board so the charging port lines up correctly. If you try forcing it over without separating the 2 halves u could break a solder connection and disable the use of the usb charging port.

Last edited:

REDLINEVUE

Newly Enlightened
Maybe send them a photo of the crooked port.

I did this... and they simply replied by basically saying I was lying and without video they would do NOTHING.... So I disputed the transaction via PayPal to try and get my money back... PayPal decided in my favor and granted full refund once returned... HOWEVER, I saw some of the suggestions here and decided to take the light apart and fixed it myself as isn't worth the time, expense or hassled to send back a $25 light... This worked!! If you take the little screws out of the front and slide the whole assembly out, it gives you enough access to re position the port ... Having solved the issue, I canceled my return via paypal and emailed them again letting the know of the solution... and the fact that I dismissed the paypal complaint.... instead of being appreciative that they could maybe use this information to help others, they simply never responded! LOL .... Lesson learned.

Now that it works, I can also add, NOT WORTH THE MONEY... The MecArmy SGN3 is by far a better light in every regard!

I did this... and they simply replied by basically saying I was lying and without video they would do NOTHING.... So I disputed the transaction via PayPal to try and get my money back... PayPal decided in my favor and granted full refund once returned... HOWEVER, I saw some of the suggestions here and decided to take the light apart and fixed it myself as isn't worth the time, expense or hassled to send back a $25 light... This worked!! If you take the little screws out of the front and slide the whole assembly out, it gives you enough access to re position the port ... Having solved the issue, I canceled my return via paypal and emailed them again letting the know of the solution... and the fact that I dismissed the paypal complaint.... instead of being appreciative that they could maybe use this information to help others, they simply never responded! LOL .... Lesson learned.

Now that it works, I can also add, NOT WORTH THE MONEY... The MecArmy SGN3 is by far a better light in every regard!

Good to know. I won't purchase anything from Manker due to your experience. Thanks for letting me know.
~ Chance

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, talk about crappy customer service.

Thank you for sharing this experience, will never give Manker
my business.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's too bad that it is often buyer beware when purchasing from overseas. The purchaser is much more likely to get the cold shoulder when it comes to customer service. Unfortunately posting your concerns in the Manker thread probably would not help. Any such post would disappear or go unanswered. A question I would have is why would a video be better than a picture ? Why is a picture unacceptable? No trust ?
Thanks for sharing your experience

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
They probably wanted a video of your unsuccessful attempts to insert a micro USB cable to verify that it was sufficiently offset to render it unusable. Poor customer service either way.

markr6

Flashaholic
They probably wanted a video of your unsuccessful attempts to insert a micro USB cable to verify that it was sufficiently offset to render it unusable. Poor customer service either way.

Something like this

anigif_enhanced-22534-1442337356-2.gif

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

In that case I won't be buying from them.....

roach1492

Newly Enlightened
REDLINEVUE that's the same response i got from Manker when i had trouble with my EO2H. Sounds like the same Email word for word,i like the light but their customer service sucks.

It's been my experience that making your purchase via a stateside seller (when possible) provides better warranty coverage; at least during the first 30 days of ownership. Something to consider when shopping.

~ Chance