• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New 1x123 Titanium E-series McClickie Pak and some XP-L (HI) LED's added to the mix

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,
After getting the Mahi heads machined I found I wanted a couple battery paks for myself that had a similar set of triangular milled pockets on them. I just like the way they feel in hand. I knew they would be expensive due to the machine time required for milling the pockets out. These paks can't be justified in terms of a functional improvement and strictly either appeal or not to the individual based on cosmetic and/or tactile merit. They have some more mass to them so the thermal capacity has been increased some. It would have been very expensive to just have a few machined so I did opt for a small run of them and am offering them at a price based on the added machine time required and expense to me. I kind of doubt that there will be an additional run of them but I won't rule it out completely. The stock and original titanium 1x123 pak has a price of $170 and these "Tri Paks" have a price of $235. I have photographed them with the various compatible heads to show how they look.

Mahi-Tri.jpg

Makai-Tri.jpg

Mule-Tri.jpg

SunDrop-Tri.jpg

Haiku-Tri.jpg

I initially thought about offering a limited run of this pak with the Mahi head and a HIVE light engine hosting a XP-L (HI) LED which I i picked up in a limited quantity as well. But I figured it would be more in keeping and probably easier in the ling run to just add the pak and the XL-L HI LED's to the offering and let the chips fall where they may.

The details on the XP-L HI I am working with are that they are 4250K CCT and min 80 CRI. Flus is 380 - 424 lumens (@ 1050 mA) I am charging $5 more for the XP-L (HI) puting its price as the same as the XML2 option.

I believe I have correctly changed the tables in the Pricing and offering thread to indicate these additions.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent work Don! The new body looks stellar with the Mahi head.

How are the ergonomics, since it appears to lack the narrow body/flared tail of the traditional body?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Excellent work Don! The new body looks stellar with the Mahi head.

How are the ergonomics, since it appears to lack the narrow body/flared tail of the traditional body?

The pockets to me provide as good if not a bit better grip than the ribs and reduced diameter of the stock clip. Finger tips and pads can gain a good grip without need for much pressure.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect match with the Mahi head and also very nice on the Makai! :twothumbs

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
They look very nice. Would look great with the etched clip I expect.

Would there be ANY chance of you doing this pattern in 1xAA or 2xCR123?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Don,

Will the old old battery packs still be available, In the event we need one? Love the the new design, very nice.

All the best,

NR

I don't know if any more of these will be made but the "stock" 1x123 pak is still the standard.

Quoddy

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered the whole package. Mahi head with 1x123 Tri-Pak, Hive 3V, XP-L (HI) LED and etched clip. It will sit proudly near the door with my Haiku. My Mule sits on my nightstand.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Looks good. Definitely a better match for the Mahi head than the ribbed Clicky Pak. Though I think I'd prefer milled grooves near either end of the Pak, so the shoulder ring and tail ring would appear to stand out from the main part of the battery tube the same amount as they do on the ribbed Clicky Pak.

Last edited:

Quoddy

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0350-XL.jpg
Got it today and it looks even better in person. To me, even though I'm a Mule fan, the beam, throw, and CRI look great.

]

Last edited:

sebis

Newly Enlightened
Got it today and it looks even better in person. To me, even though I'm a Mule fan, the beam, throw, and CRI look great.]

Hi @Quoddy, great collection you have there! Did you measure the throw on your Mahi head with XP-L HI, do you have any beam-shots? TIA

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Any more user reviews / thoughts / comparisons on the XP-L (HI) LED by those using this?
I'm curious how the tint is (rosy or yellow/green)? I have 219B MDC lights from Malkoff (illumn) and a 119V mule from Don, but have been struggling to choose a haiku head for the AA body (HIVE for use with a 14500 lithium). The XP-L addition to the line up sounds really interesting! I'm willing to trade a bit of CRI for slightly higher output, but would really like to make sure what the beam tint is! Thanks for any descriptive feedback the long time "pro" users can offer! I've been reading a lot but many XP-L HI links lead to other forums. I'd like to hear about the exact LED being sold for the Haiku by Don. Thanks guys!

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
I have the XP-L HI in both a Makai and a Haiku. I would describe it as yellow tint, but just find it very usable. I wouldn't describe it as green.

I have a Hi Cri mule and Haiku (both AA) and don't find the XP-L worse in daily use. I had an XP=G2 Haiku -managed to blow it - and got the XP-L as a replacement. I am very happy with it - nice colour and noticeably more powerful.