recharge spot flashlight

DYNO1

Newly Enlightened
I would like some advice on a new handheld spot light that would have roughly a 300+ foot range. I really want more spot than flood and here is the wish list for the light:

* rechargeable however not opposed to a unit that uses batteries
* spot versus flood
* prefer to keep the price under $125

I did have an older unit that had a 6 volt rechargeable battery and was listed as 1,000,000 candlepower (lol). I will say that this light worked well for the last ten years and could literally throw light a super long distance.

Any suggestions? I know that candlepower and lumens are not interchange units of measure so I really have no idea of how many lumens I should be looking for and what brands I should consider

thank-you

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens don't matter that much, what you want to look for is beam distance (in Meters) and cd (candella, which is related to the old candlepower) - these will give you an idea of how far a light will throw it's beam. The ANSI FL1 standard for beam distance is misleading in that you are not going to really see anything that well at the distance that they claim - for a more practical beam distance, I just use the distance that they give in Meters and change it to feet, so for a light usable to 300 ft, you would want something rated for 300 Meters.

For a specific recommendation, take a look at the Maglite ML150.