Got me a TK72R on order!...hehe. anyone have 1?

drjoeshmoe

Newly Enlightened
Just Wanted to share the deal I got.
This all started when I scored a new Olight X9R for $200....I really only use a flashlight on Sundays when I go very early to the swap meet.
I decided that X9R weighing over 4 pounds would look ridiculous hanging from a shoulder strap at the swap, however I saw this as a chance to justify a light upgrade from my Surefire Fury.
I chose the TK72R because it seemed a flood style light would be more fitting for a swap meet close range setting.

Currently the TK is on backorder from fenix, and I did not feel comfortable buying from a third party on amazon.
Then I saw yesterday that the TK showed up as a "fulfilled by amazon prime" for $299....$30 cheaper than the third party or fenex website.
However Amazon showed a ship time of 1 to 2 months, I did a chat with amazon to confirm the ship time, with very little effort they gave me a $30 promotional credit for the inconvenience, they never said I had to purchase from them,..
Amazon has always taken care of me,....

I then decided to take advantage of Fenix's promotional 20% off at fenix store.
So all in all,...I saved just under $100 and the light is said to ship November 1st.
Hell of a deal!

Anyone want to share any experience with this light I would love to hear.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mine. Constant updates on screen upon changing modes gives me a good handle on how long I have before I'm in the dark. I haven't run it down to 0 percent. Don't know if I should?

Grip circumference is nice also. Good size for holster carry or a water bottle pouch on a backpack.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
How accurate is the information the digital display shows? I've got a 2015 TK75 that I very rarely use as it is but I still like ti have it handy, the TK72R would make a good companion to it.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how I would even check since I'm afraid to take it down too low