HDS and Novatac related?

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Ive been looking at both, obviously there's a big difference in the two lights, but there's an undeniable resemblance too. So is there a connection or do they just happen to be similar in appearance with the 18650 size?

scout24

Flashaholic
Go peek in the HDS subforum in Custom Builders and Makers, see the history threads. You're on the right track. :D

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
Just be careful if you come across a Novatac light for sale and think youre getting the same quality as an HDS you are not. the original Novatacs were a branch off and started off very good . they ended up being "made in China" and the "Storm" series are cheap crap lights . This is my opinion of "N Storm lights based on experience. I learned the hardway

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a long history in those lights.
from what I understand it goes like this...

Peter Gransee and Henry started by collaborating on the Arc4+ a 30 lumen multimode flashlight.

They parted ways and Henry started HDS - releasing a couple of different models.

Henry started to work with Novatac, I am not sure why he left (I think it may be a quality issue)
Novatac started to make lights in china.

Henry started RA lights, and later changed the name back to HDS.

I have a USA Novatac 120P, RA TW100 Twisty and 170tactical clicky (with golden dragon led)

Last edited: