Replacement for lithium battery inside Ryobi drill/driver model HP41L 4V ?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Cylindrical battery with pigtails soldered on - nice design, easy to change the battery, pigtail has a little connector on the end.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
These guys claim to sell a replacement, but the photo looks nothing like it, and the price is more than buying a new tool.
No luck searching for "GPK Systems" -- seems to be a conglomerate, so cannot drill down to finding their batteries for sale.

Wondering if the new "swappable" small cylindrical packs have a cell inside that would work in my drill. But Ryobi is still selling little drills that are not swappable, but newer model numbers.

http://www.drill-battery-au.com/batterypack.php/ryobi_HP41L_drill+battery.html

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a picture of the battery for your screwdriver? I'm not familiar with that model.

It almost certain has a standard size cell inside the battery pack that could be replaced.

The leads might actually be spot welded on, and won't come off as easily as soldered leads, and my understanding is soldering is less than ideal because it takes a lot of power to get the solder joint made before you start to get the internals of the battery too hot.