Who else is excited for the Zebralight H503c?

parametrek

Enlightened
Very excited! I've heard great things about this LED and the latest generation of Cree LEDs has been bad for ZL.

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
It's one of the last lights I would ever consider buying, but I would happily shell out for one if it meant Zebralight would commit to replacing the hideous XP-L2s in their lineup with LH351Ds. I'm not excited for the light itself, I'm excited for Zebralight actually listening to the community.

moses

Enlightened
Apologies for my ignorance.

May I ask what is special about the Samsung LED? and how many lumens should it be?

Zebralight headlamps are my #1 flashlight choice and the wide non-reflector beam is my favorite. I sold off my original AA version because it just was not bright enough and i've been waiting for well over a year to have an upgraded version and now I see this so it is exciting. Will purchase for sure! And hopeing for a high CRI version.

Thank you much for any education on what so special about the LED and lumens.

Thanks.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moses: I wonder as well. Totally unknown for me until some week ago. And especially interesting to know more about it because it will be used in a Zebralight.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

May I ask what is special about the Samsung LED? and how many lumens should it be?

Zebralight headlamps are my #1 flashlight choice and the wide non-reflector beam is my favorite. I sold off my original AA version because it just was not bright enough and i've been waiting for well over a year to have an upgraded version and now I see this so it is exciting. Will purchase for sure! And hopeing for a high CRI version.

Thanks.

It is a high power LED like an XPL2 but it is also high CRI AND it isn't ugly like new Crees

moses

Enlightened
Anyone know when they are taking pre-orders? High CRI? High Lumens? Flood? This is my perfect EDC. I'm in for two....:)

NPL

Enlightened
Zebralight doesn't even know the lumen output yet?
Yeah, the H600fc and FD mk4 that were released a long time ago still don't list runtimes.

Zebralight is chasing Sales as people are willing to buy even without the full specs.

I personally expect better from them given the caliber of their lights. They should be consistent in all aspects of their business.

moses

Enlightened
Well, ordered one the day it was listed. Lets see how that goes - do feel confident about Zebralight in general and this is my favorite format and reflector.

moses

Enlightened
Mine shipped earlier this week though not here yet. So they are shipping. Three weeks ago, the promised that they will post lumens 'in a few days' - never did though unfortunately.

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Mine shipped earlier this week though not here yet. So they are shipping...

Thanks for the update- this is good news. Please post your thoughts when you get it.

I also pre-ordered one, when Zebralight showed an estimated shipping date of 12/21. No word on it yet. Their website now simply shows the light as back-ordered, with no estimate.

nimdabew

Enlightened

Thanks.

I made a tripple host with the LH351D at 4000K, and I thought the color looked like **** coming out the front of my light. I ripped that out and put in a 219C tripple and I haven't been happier. I can't explain the **** color, but the colors looked terrible and everything seemed to be out of focus. With the same driver, same.optics, and same everything except for the emitters, the 219C looked way better. It is the difference between a 1080P HD TV and a 4K OLED TV. They both look good, but one is obviously superior.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

May I ask what is special about the Samsung LED?

Tested by Maukka:

Visually I'd rate it close to the Nichia 219C 5000K R8000. Very nice and neutral white tint (4900K, duv 0.002), no bad sudden tint shifts, rings or discolorations in the beam, mostly a big pure white hotspot that fades quickly. Just a bit cooler on the outer edge. The warmer/yellower corona is not very noticeable, much better than on the new Crees.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/57579

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
My H503c finally shipped today. Looking forward to it. This will be my first headlamp.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Will be interested to see additional reviews on this as I really love my Nichia 219 lights and curious to see more of the new Samsung LED. :popcorn:

I did notice on their site that the only version available is a mule... I hope they will offer this with a reflector...

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Mine showed up in the mail today! Haven't really put it through its paces at night, but I did test it out in a dark room, and compared it to some other lights.

My first Zebralight- I was pleasantly surprised by how small and lightweight it is. Very comfortable to wear, and also seems really well made.

Very much a pure floodlight. Super even light, with no hotspot that I could see in my test room. Initial impression is the tint seems nice, with no ugly artifacts. I compared it to a Nichia 219b, 4000K light, also AA. With a multi-colored test subject with lots of reds and purples, the Nichia produced a little more vibrancy and pop in comparison. I would describe it as a noticeable difference, but not a big difference. Compared with a cool Surefire, the difference was pronounced. The Zebalight being not only much warmer in temp, but also showing much nicer, richer colors.

Again- just initial impression, but this new Zebralight seems to do what it does very well.