Thrunite TC12 Pressure Switch

Headache

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,
New account, though I've visited this awesome site many times over the years.

I feel like this question is best posted here and not general: I'm looking to repurpose my Thrunite TC12 V2 and mount it to a firearm. Thrunite doesn't seem to have any official Pressure Switch available for purchase... Are there any other Pressure Switches that will fit the TC12?

I had searched this forum and it looks like a similar question was asked, but never really answered.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! I'm not familiar with that particular one, does it have a tail switch as well as a side switch?

Most weapon mounted lights (WML) are meant to be simple and rugged. That's why surefire/ malkoff/ elzetta and others are so popular.

My go-to is an E-series body, SF tapeswitch, feeding a boss head from two 16340's. Stinkin' overkill, but it's fun. I hope this image is allowed, because it's relevant. I cropped it to just show the torch.

cbmR2u.jpg

If you are handy, you can make a remote switch from your existing torch. I purchased an electronic switch kit from a guy on BLF (still on my to-do list to complete). It's meant for a surefire 6p-sized torch, but maybe it can be adapted.

Jump over to BLF and search for [h=1][WTS] Remote switch tail DD board with FET[/h]

Headache

Newly Enlightened
Yes, tail switch and side switch. Wait so what in the design of these remote switches causes the added resistance? I thought a remote switch was just a simple SPST...

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
the concept of that BLF tape switch is that the FET can handle higher amerages than a stock tape switch.
I haven't thought about clicky's being single pole-single throw, but you're correct. Nothing really fancy, but as with the SF components that I'm mostly familiar with, they aren't really meant for power above, say 3 amps.