Recommendations for Anti-Sterile Lighting/Posters

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new job (yay!) in a new state (cool!) with new opportunities for professional growth (awesome!)...

—in a windowless office (Boo!)

In my last job I moved around a lot (much more active); in this job, at least so far, I am much more sedentary.
The color of my walls is kind of a light blue, but having no windows and no natural lighting, even with the overhead fluorescent dimmed (which I am grateful I can do),
I can feel myself craving something more natural in character.

I spent a few days searching artificial windows, and the commercial ones are super expensive.
Then I looked at posters with nature scenes (there are a million varieties on Amazon), but I'm not sure that's the ticket, either.

So:

1) What have CPF'ers in a similar situation done?

2) Can anyone recommend solutions in the $100 to $200 range?

a) Not going nutty is worth the price to me.

3) Something that doesn't require nails or drilling would be preferable.

I've already got a whole mess of insanely expensive artificial windows (commercial and pricey and DIY and cheap) saved in Notepad on my computer, the first which I cannot afford,
the second which I don't have the skillset to craft.

Does anyone have any suggestions between the peel and stick posters and the multi-megabuck fake window installations?

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Whenever I worked in an office, having something to listen to was more important than how things looked; do you have a pair of AirPods?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hadn't thought about sound!

I could definitely bring in headphones; however, my job relies on my being able to hear outside noises/people; I also believe wearing headphones would convey the wrong appearance.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. :)