Manker E02H needs a specific battery type?

daflip702

Newly Enlightened
City for losing your mind/wallet AKA Las Vegas
So I just acquired a Manker E02H. For some odd reason, it doesn't like my eneloop pro batteries. At first I thought my sample was a dud and ordered a second one from a different retailer. Same outcome for the second one too. It's strange because the runtime graphs I've seen were eneloop based. I've tried regular alkalines (Duracell Pros), with same results. Is it me, or Manker is fussy with any battery with "Pro" in it. What works are my Duracell green rechargeables (both lights). The UI works flawlessly without the unusual sequence I'm experiencing (problem in detail, read below). I compared them side by side and the length are identical to my eyeball test. The eneloop is 900 Mah and the Duracell is 850 Mah. Duracell Pro Mah not listed on battery.

So with the Eneloop Pros, both lights do turn on and function accordingly. However, soon as I try to access turbo, they would either flash a brief millisecond and then off or, go into high mode (No turbo). Then a weird sequence of light levels are displayed when put them back into the normal group of modes. The normal UI is supposed to be L-M-H then H-M-L with every quick button press. I only get Med and High. So each button press outputs 2 modes only (M-H then H-M). With the alkaline, I have the unusual sequence from the start. Turning it off won't reset this unusual sequence. I have to unscrew the light to break contact with the battery to reset it back to normal.

Anyone with the same problem?

BTW I really do like this light as it was bought to replace my aging Fenix LD02 single AAA (still works after living on my keychain for a few years). It's a real bummer that I need specific batteries in order to make them function correctly.