Throwy double AA flashlight

Stefos

Newly Enlightened
Hello people. This is my first post here. As the title suggests, I'm primarily looking for a double or even a triple AA throwy flashlight, could suffice (not a quadruple AA since it will be either too long or too thick), made out of any metal material (not plastic, rubber etc.). My secondary requirements are: 1) a tailcap switch button (momentary function would be even better), I believe number 2 correlates with this one 2) mode memory or fast access to highest mode 3) price tag less than $100 4) no SOS mode (STROBE would be OK though) Please don't suggest MALKOFF, SUREFIRE, ELZETTA and the likes because I live in Europe and the customs clearance itself would be too expensive. If you can't suggest any flashlight holding 2 AAs or 3 AAs, then I could take into consideration suggestions about single AA flashlights.
Thanks.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Try the eagtac gx25a3. If you can either dedome or swap the emitter you will maximise throw.
Otherwise the nightcore ea45s. It's 4 AA but it's slim

Stefos

Newly Enlightened
Thanks but the eagletac prices I found are close or even surpassing $100 with shipping excluded and I had two nitecores that failed in the past so I don't trust that brand.

Collect4Fun

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]For a single AA I've been pretty happy with my Manker T01 II. Great little light.[/h]

Stefos

Newly Enlightened
How long does it take to become accustomed with its user interface?

PartyPete

Enlightened
Thanks but the eagletac prices I found are close or even surpassing $100 with shipping excluded and I had two nitecores that failed in the past so I don't trust that brand.
Nitecore had a 2x AA that was pretty throwy, MT series maybe? However if that brand isn't your cup of tea, Fenix E20 and Thrunite Archer 2A might be worth a look.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore had a 2x AA that was pretty throwy, MT series maybe? However if that brand isn't your cup of tea, Fenix E20 and Thrunite Archer 2A might be worth a look.

Nitecore MT21A ticks all of the OP's boxes with the exception that it does have an S.O.S. mode.

Stefos

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore MT21A ticks all of the OP's boxes with the exception that it does have an S.O.S. mode.
I really don't trust NITECORE. I'm now leaning towards FENIX E20, if only, it had the forward clicky switch and better battery runtimes, that would make it the perfect light for me. I will do some more research but most probably, I will end up on the E20. If anyone knows anything similar to FENIX E20 but with a forward clicky and better runtimes please inform me.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
How throwy does it need to be?

For 1AA, the LitezAll P280FL focusing light at Menards for U.S. $10 has a very impressive throw and nice smooth flood. It's oddity is that it's COB LED show's it's LED grid at it's most focused point, but that doesn't distract me, and it disappears when slightly unfocused.

The 1AA Coast HX5 focusing light also has good throw, but not near as much as the P280FL and sells for U.S. $20.

Stefos

Newly Enlightened
How throwy does it need to be?

For 1AA, the LitezAll P280FL focusing light at Menards for U.S. $10 has a very impressive throw and nice smooth flood. It's oddity is that it's COB LED show's it's LED grid at it's most focused point, but that doesn't distract me, and it disappears when slightly unfocused.

The 1AA Coast HX5 focusing light also has good throw, but not near as much as the P280FL and sells for U.S. $20.

Thanks for your response. LitezALL P280FL it's an interesting light for sure, however, I could not find someone who ships it in EUROPE. Regarding the COAST flashlight, it's specs are too low compared to the afformentioned FENIX, NITECORE or even THRUNITE flashlights.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I really don't trust NITECORE. I'm now leaning towards FENIX E20, if only, it had the forward clicky switch and better battery runtimes, that would make it the perfect light for me. I will do some more research but most probably, I will end up on the E20. If anyone knows anything similar to FENIX E20 but with a forward clicky and better runtimes please inform me.
If you are looking for best throw from a 2x AA light, I think the E20 wins with its 210 meter rating.

MT2A is seemingly rated around 150 meters. Fenix LD22 and Thrunite Archer 2A are a bit less, both just rated over 100 meters.

If 4x AA is an option that would likely give you more options.

Poppy

Flashaholic
While it is bulky compared to the others mentioned, the 2AA Rayovac is virtually indestructible, with its rubber protected ends, and is inexpensive for sure.

It is sold on your side of the pond as the Varta brand.

Model: DIY2AA-BTA
Features and Benefits:

• High performance LEDs and 2 modes: 300 Lumens, (70 Energy Saver Mode)
  • Beam distance: 161 Meters, (85 Energy Saver Mode)
  • Battery run time (alkaline batteries incl.): 2 Hours, (12 Energy Saver Mode)
  • 30 Foot Drop Test Performance!
  • Rubber head and tail cap – shock absorbers; aluminum body - toughness
  • Impact resisting internal engineering; "protected" tactical tail cap switch
  • Ergonomic design with thumb area built in
  • Designed for maximum durability + simplicity
  • IPX4 water resistant
  • Lifetime guarantee
  • (2) AA RAYOVAC®​ alkaline batteries included

Stefos

Newly Enlightened
While it is bulky compared to the others mentioned, the 2AA Rayovac is virtually indestructible, with its rubber protected ends, and is inexpensive for sure.

It is sold on your side of the pond as the Varta brand.

Model: DIY2AA-BTA
Features and Benefits:

• High performance LEDs and 2 modes: 300 Lumens, (70 Energy Saver Mode)
  • Beam distance: 161 Meters, (85 Energy Saver Mode)
  • Battery run time (alkaline batteries incl.): 2 Hours, (12 Energy Saver Mode)
  • 30 Foot Drop Test Performance!
  • Rubber head and tail cap – shock absorbers; aluminum body - toughness
  • Impact resisting internal engineering; "protected" tactical tail cap switch
  • Ergonomic design with thumb area built in
  • Designed for maximum durability + simplicity
  • IPX4 water resistant
  • Lifetime guarantee
  • (2) AA RAYOVAC®​ alkaline batteries included
Thanks, 161m is too little when there are lights with throw around 200m.