fenix hl50 issues

extrabigjon

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes after I turn the headlamp off I can not turn it back on with the button. What usually works is unscrewing the tail cap and reinstalling it. Sometimes I only need to remove it once others it takes a few tries. Push the button and I'm back in business. Well, it's happening more frequently and takes more tries and is getting annoying. Using only AA's and the light is 2.5 years old. What do I do?

extrabigjon

Newly Enlightened
fixed

Sent it off for repair and it came back in working order. Good company to do business with.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Re: fixed

One of my favorite headlamps for AA/CR123. It's a shame there is no lock out. Glad your light now works.

extrabigjon

Newly Enlightened

From a recommendation on here, I keep the light and a couple AA's in an 18650 battery case. Was going to try some SurFire 123 cells but looks like the slick deal is sold out.

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes after I turn the headlamp off I can not turn it back on with the button. What usually works is unscrewing the tail cap and reinstalling it. Sometimes I only need to remove it once others it takes a few tries. Push the button and I'm back in business. Well, it's happening more frequently and takes more tries and is getting annoying. Using only AA's and the light is 2.5 years old. What do I do?

Good to hear that you have your headlamp repaired. I have a 7 years Fenix MC10 start acting like that, but is in reverse order. After quite some time didn't turn it on, it would take unscrewing and several tries to have it on. After turn it on for a few times it will behave more and more normal instead. For longetivity wise, I think a good practice would be locking out by unscrewing the tail cap a little if not using it for some time. Having it "working" through long time(parasitic drain) to detect the on/off signal might wear down the electronic bit by bit.

Casemantwo

Newly Enlightened

Sent it off for repair and it came back in working order. Good company to do business with.

was it out of warranty? How long did it take to get back? And was there a charge?

i really like fenix and I am thinking about getting a hew headlamp.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine in a Chums Surfshorts Wallet.
Works well and I can get spare batteries in there too!

Also mine locks out just fine with a little unscrewing of the tail.

81a65dc4aff6582f6e260badf3289230.jpg
7a0cefec6d826f7f75d174366ada19cd.jpg

Last edited: