SkyRc MC3000 Charger and Others Hard to Slide Neg Post Fix

Torchmee

Newly Enlightened
Most Chargers have a spring loaded sliding negative post to accommodate different length battery's. Some slide with little friction and some with a lot. I have a ver 2 MC3000 (June 2016 production) that slide very easily party due to the fact that SkyRc was greasing the rails during that production. They have since stopped that probably due to the grease causing some electrical resistance.

My ver 3 unit (2017 production with 2 fans) sliders were very hard to slide. SkyRC stopped using grease and definitely have stronger springs installed. I could hear and feel rough metal to metal contact due to the fact they do not take the time to debur and or polish the surfaces. Other users have also complained about this and have reported the sliders actually bending if pushing back on the top of them. Mine never bent because I only pushed on the bottom but then your finger is in the way of the battery. This can be solved by taking the unit apart and polishing which I was not about to do!

So I ordered a 1.6 ml bottle of DeoxIT Gold with a built in applicator brush for $8.80 from Amazon. This liquid has some cleaning properties and prevents oxidation of contact surfaces without introducing electrical resistance. Contacting the mfg I found it is made with a mineral oil base so it is also a lubricant. The very small brush is perfect for applying it to the sliders and rails with out taking it apart.

10 min later I now have rails that I can push on the top with out worrying about bending and slide almost as easy as the ver 2 with the lighter springs. My IR measurements are now more consistent as well.

1.6 ml is enough to lube a hundred chargers and can be used on all contact surfaces such as ear phone jacks, USB jacks etc etc that you want to give a better connection. It is safe on plastics and it works on all metals (not just gold). FYI it has a shelf life of 5 years or more but the bottle must be kept out of the sun as UV causes the chemical to deteriorate. Sure fixed my mp3 players head phone jack static. Great product!

Minimoog

Enlightened
Yes, this stuff is very good. I use it on my MC3000. However it does still attract dust and if you leave your MC3000 out in the open and you have a house that is a bit susceptible to dust, you can get a gunge building up. So apply sparingly - and that is just a film. I took my charger apart as I replaced the top cover, then polished the rails, then added Gold. Made it 'better than new' and then I calibrated each channel which was worth doing as cleaning and making for better contacts had allowed for better conductivity.

Torchmee

Newly Enlightened
Yep just a film will do the trick, no need to have it dripping off the parts. I keep a cover of paper or plastic on most of my equipment, don't like to spend time cleaning dust off things. ;)