Two mode (high /low) AA flashlights?

SantaClawz

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I am looking for a simple two mode flashlight with high and low settings, that uses AA's. It's a gift for an older gentleman so it has to be simple to use, which is why I only want
two light level modes and nothing more. Something that has a decent mix of flood and throw and is built tough.

I am having a really tough time finding a good quality yet very simple flashlight like this.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mini Maglite Pro +

2 modes:
245L high for 2hr 15 min
low for 27 hours

It has a very easy user interface, proven and reliable, takes 2AA batteries for less than $30.

parametrek

Enlightened
There are 33 AA powered flashlights with 2 modes and no (or hidden) strobe modes in my database. Some of them "cheat" by using programmable mode groups. Most of the rest are older lights that are getting hard to find.

There is however a brand new 2 mode AA light that is easy to find: the Nextorch E20. It is very new so it isn't on amazon yet but the usual big online knife stores already carry it. It is only $20 and probably one of the highest quality options available, going on Nextorch's reputation.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mini Maglite Pro +

2 modes:
245L high for 2hr 15 min
low for 27 hours

It has a very easy user interface, proven and reliable, takes 2AA batteries for less than $30.

The MM Pro Plus is a great suggestion.

Another one to consider: the Rayovac 2AA 300 lumen "Indestructible", though for this one I would strongly recommend running on eneloops instead of alkalines because of the current it draws.

maglite mike

Enlightened
Mini Maglite Pro +

2 modes:
245L high for 2hr 15 min
low for 27 hours

On the maglite website the pro plus in the outlet section is $15. Only comes in blue or silver for that price. I picked up a bunch