old surefire e2e not working. how to i fix

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
so is it the bulb or the switch?
how do i test it before i order a bulb?
I believe the replacement is mn03. is that basically the only bulb to replace this with? I cant easily convert to led i'm guessing.

Also with this light accept rechargeable batteries of any kind?

ok think i got the light working.

going to look for a rechargeable for it.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Lumensfactory makes a bunch of turnkey rechargable solutions for the E2e. A 16650 cell, or a RCR 123 and a dummy cell would hook you right up.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use fresh batteries, then use a paper clip to touch the bottom of the light body and the bottom of the negative battery and if the light works then you have a bad switch. I have several E2E's and only one switch has failed as opposed to numerous incandescent bulb failures. As mentioned above, Lumens Factory makes both incandescent bulbs and LED drop ins. Make sure and pay attention to the voltage-two rechargeable 16340 Lithium batteries will blow the incandescent bulb in less than a second every time. TAD Customs makes a brass fitting that takes multiple different incandescent bulbs if you want the original tint. I have both and a few other options as well, but use the LF LED 90% of the time. You can use a host of different rechargeable batteries-it is all a function of what bulb or LED you are using. Good luck, and if you ever want to sell or trade, send me a pm...