Malkoff’s M61W=incandescent?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm thinking of getting a M61W to use in my E2E. I had forgotten how much I like the beam of the P60.
Anyone who has one can you tell me how close in color and tint the Malkoff is compared to my old P60? Thanks.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint is very close, but the experience is still somehow different. Maybe it's because the incandescent P60 is throwier. Maybe it's the 100 CRI of the old hot wire that makes the M61W seem a little flat.

Or maybe I'm a flashlight geek. That's probably it. The warm Malkoff drop ins are an efficient LED alternative that will satisfy your Surefire nostalgia.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If I do go with the M61Wll will I have the throw of the p60? Or should I maybe get the m61WL instead. More power and assuming more throw

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Will the throw of the M61Wll be what I am seeing from my p60? I tend to need throw more then spill.id love to stay with the LL if I can for the run time

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The WLL will look like an incandent before krypton. It does not have narrow spot of a P60 so throw seems less.

I like the WLL for my 6P a lot. But the NLL seems a lot brighter. Closer to a xenon in tint. The P60 was massively over driven with a secret sauce of krypton and xenon. The NLL looks like a P60 with brand new batteries. The WLL looks like the 6P with half used batteries.

The NL is quite the thrower while still providing several hours of runtime.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's funny you should say that because I was comparing my neutral 18650 hound dog to my p60 and think it looks very much the same. Might go with the neutral instead.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to say that the M61W is warm like an incandescent light, but I have an engraved M61WLL that is nowhere near the 3000k it is supposed to be. It is more like a neutral light - and I honestly don't like it. Perhaps I'll post photos later.

If if it were the 3000k it is supposed to be, the color, imo, would be spot on to incandescent. It's in my wife's MD2 and she's fine with it, so I never sent it back...